Complex nose droplets for children, composition and instructions for use
Complex nose droplets for children and their specific application
If a child has a runny nose for more than 10 days, purulent discharge, symptoms of sinusitis, sinusitis, maxillary sinusitis, elbow doctor can prescribe complex drops in the nose. Complex droplets are a more effective way of treatment than the use of all the means separately – the composition of the droplets is selected individually, and all the necessary substances enter the body at the same time.
Sophisticated droplets in the nose are selected by the doctor individually for each child, taking into account their age, health status and complaints. The advantage of the droplets is that they are made:
- are much cheaper;
- are made strictly according to the doctor's prescription, which means they are optimal for your child, given the neglect of the disease, the shape and type of runny nose, and the sensitivity to antibiotics.
- provide the opportunity to choose the best combination of components for allergies to certain drugs.
- are a worthy remedy for the treatment of maxillary sinusitis.
Preparation of droplets is not done by every pharmacy, but only by the so-called production, the number of which is small in the city. These pharmacies can be found in children's hospitals and polyclinics.
Prefabricated complex combination therapies such as Polydex, Vibrocyl and Nazonex.
can be bought on sale
Small droplets in the nose are assigned:
- In a cold that cannot be treated with other medications for 10 days;
- In allergies;
- For the treatment of maxillary sinusitis, including allergic maxillary sinusitis;
- Bordizon is intended for the treatment of adenoids. Bordizon is also prepared at the pharmacy by prescription.
The composition of complex droplets includes only pharmacological drugs, they have no additives, perfumes and dyes.
The composition of the droplets depends on several factors, including a form of rhinitis – allergic, viral or bacterial, and the course of the disease – acute, first appeared, or exacerbation of a chronic illness.
List of the main pharmacological groups of drugs that are part of the complex droplets prescribed for the treatment of children:
- Decogestants or vasoconstrictors: Metazone, Naftzin, Xylometazolin (Pharmazolin, Galazolin), Oximetazolin (Nazivin). Treatment with droplets containing a vasoconstrictor should not exceed 3-7 days due to the risk of nasal atrophy.
- Antihistamines: Dimedrol or Suprastin is usually used.
Intended for the treatment of maxillary sinusitis of allergic origin, runny nose in allergies and bronchial asthma.
- Bactericides, including antibiotics. For example, Lincomycin, Gentamycin, Cefazolin, Furacilin, Dioxidine, Miramistein. Also intended to prevent the development of bacterial infection in cases of prolonged colds, especially if there is a predisposition for the development of maxillary sinusitis – curved nasal septum, immunodeficiency, polyps or adenoids.
- Hormonal agent. The most common glucocorticosteroids are Hydrocortisone or Dexamethasone.
Both Hydrocortisone and Dexamethasone have a lightning fast and persistent anti-inflammatory effect, relieve swelling and allergic reactions. Hormonal drugs are prohibited for a long time, not only for children but also for adults. In childhood, the danger is that the adrenal function of the adrenal glands producing the growth hormone will be impaired.
Therefore, only children over 6 years of age are allowed to have some products. Bordizon in the composition has Hydrocortisone.
- Physical solution or injection water. Included in all droplets.
Detailed description of contraindications, side effects and age at which they can be used contains official instructions for use.
Example composition of complex droplets. Concentrations and doses are not specified, as it should be done by the attending physician. Manufacture and use of these droplets by yourself may endanger your child's health.
- Recipt #1: Pharmazoline-Dioxidine-Hydrocortisone.
- Recipt No. 2: Metazon-Dioxidine-Hydrocortisone.
- Recipt No. 3: Naphthin-Dexamethason-Miramistein.
- Recipt No. 4: Galazolin-Dexamethason-Dioxidine.
- Recipt No. 5: Nazivine-Dexamethason-Dioxidine.
- Recipt No. 6: Pharmazoline-Dimedrol-Tsefazoline-Hydrocortisone.
- Recipt No. 7: Nazivine-Lincomycin-Dexamethasone.
Sometimes the doctor additionally includes aloe, eucalyptus, menthol or coniferous oil in the composition of aloe, eucalyptus, menthol or coniferous juice for the treatment of maxillary sinusitis or rhinitis in children. This is done on the condition that the added substances do not cause allergies in the child.
How to use
Before burying, for better penetration of the drug into the mucous membrane, the nose needs to be well rinsed with salt solution and cleaned of secretions.
To clean the nose from the crusts 10-15 minutes before the procedure it can be treated with any vegetable oil. Then bury 2-3 drops of the medicine in each nostril.
If the child refuses to bury, you can soak a cotton bundle in the medicine and insert it for a few minutes into the nose.
Rate and duration of use is determined by the physician on a case-by-case basis.
- Displayed against children under 5 years of age.
- Tough to find a production pharmacy even in large cities, not to mention small towns and rural areas where such droplets are simply not available.
- This combined medicine has not been studied clinically, so its effects on children and the consequences of its use are not known.
- Not all substances in the composition are intended to be buried in the nose.
- The more the drugs contain, the more contraindications and side effects, the greater the risk of allergies.
If there is no prescription pharmacy, you can make your own drops according to the prescription and doctor's instructions.
However, this option is suitable for older children, as the dosage may be inaccurate and the cooking conditions may be far from sterile.
Prepared tool can be used within 7 days. Store it in the refrigerator, before using the solution to type in a pipette and warm up in the palm of your hand.
If after using complex drops, children have such undesirable symptoms as blood pressure jumps, nasal bleeding, arrhythmia, discomfort and dryness in the nose – the drops should be canceled.
Maybe the doctor has picked up the wrong dosage, or your child has an intolerance to one of the ingredients in it.
Recipt, composition and instructions for use of complex nose droplets
Through the combined composition can be obtained double, sometimes even triple effect, when using a single drug. Experience has shown that these drugs are highly effective, so they are often prescribed in otolaryngology.
Mixed solutions for nasal use have several components that address symptoms, causes of illness, and prevention of complications.
Prepare the drug at home using a traditional prescription. In addition, the drug can be purchased at the pharmacy, which is a more acceptable option.
The fact is that self-made drugs may have an inaccurate composition or cooking errors. This can lead to overdose and serious adverse reactions.
On the other hand, the drug may not be effective because of the insufficient dose of each component.
Sophisticated droplets for a child are recommended to be purchased from pharmacies to avoid deterioration.
Combined drugs are usually used when monocomponent drugs are ineffective.
Properties of complex droplets
The complex droplets in the nose may include such “ingredients”:
- antihistamines. They reduce tissue swelling, rhinorrhoea, block histamine receptors, which stimulate the development of allergies;
- vascular – reduce the diameter of blood vessels at the point of administration of the drug. Clinically, it is manifested by a decrease in the swelling of the mucous membrane, the volume of mucous secretions. With a decrease in nasal congestion, nasal breathing restores;
- antimicrobial. Antibacterial, antiviral substances depress microbes and purify the pathological focus of the infection;
- hormonal – have a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-edematous, antihistamine action;
- immunocorrecting. Depending on the purpose of the therapy, immunostimulating or immunosuppressive components are prescribed;
- >homoeopathic, herbal remedies. Have a mild therapeutic effect, have minimal side effects.
The use of combination therapies without an accurate diagnosis is prohibited. For example, drugs with antibacterial activity should not be used for viral infection. Atrophic rhinitis is contraindicated in the use of vasoconstrictor drugs.
Components of drugs
The majority of most complex drugs are saline or antiseptic drugs such as Dioxidine, Protargol or Furacylin.
Antimicrobial ingredients included in the prescription are needed to treat infectious sinusitis or rhinitis. In childhood, such medications are prescribed for adenoids.
Medical antihistamines such as Dimedrol or Suprastin are used. They are part of the drugs used for allergic cold. Their effect is clinically manifested by a decrease in itching sensations, perspiration in the nasopharynx, as well as the restoration of nasal breathing.
From components with vasoconstrictive activity is used Naftzine, Phenylephrine. They are particularly dangerous when used in high doses for extended periods of time. Frequent complication of such therapy is drug rhinitis and drying of nasal mucosa.
Antibacterial components can be represented by Gentamicin, Amikacin, Ceftriaxone. Their use is justified in bacterial inflammation of primary or secondary genesis.
The representatives of the hormonal group are Hydrocortisone and Dexamethasone. They quickly reduce the severity of swelling, inflammation, but the full therapeutic effect can only be expected after three days from the start of therapy.
What concerns vitamins A, E, essential oils, plant extracts, they can be the main or additional components. One of the frequent side effects of natural treatment is allergies.
To obtain the maximum therapeutic effect, complex droplets should be buried in the nose after preliminary cleaning of the nasal mucous membranes.
Aqua Maris, Mariupeer, Morenazal are recommended for this purpose. After rinsing with salt solution it is advisable to blow out a good blow.
When using the solution to moisturise the mucous membrane, it is possible to re-bury it in two drops after cleaning the nose. The number of procedures can reach four per day.
To choose the most effective prescription, you need to know the cause of the disease and the effects of the drug components.
Adenoiditis, rhinorrhea, and microbial rhinorrhea can be used with vasoconstrictor and antiseptic drugs.
Preparation will require 0.05% Naphthin 1 ml and Dioxidine (1 ml). After careful mixing, you can drop two drops three times a day.
A more complex medicine includes:
- vasoconstrictor (1 ml Mesaton);
- hormonal (2.5% Hydrocortisone 2 ml);
- antibacterial, e.g. Lincomycin 2 ml;
- antiseptic – 0.05% dioxidine – 5 ml.
With regard to the presence of a vasoconstrictor, it is allowed to bury the nose nose no more than three times a day. The preparations are used for infectious maxillary sinusitis, as well as other bacterial diseases of ENT-organs.
Recipt No. 3
In the case of allergic cold, the following complex medication can be used. It turns it on:
- vessel “ingredient” – Naftosine in the volume of half a bottle;
- antiseptic – dioxidine – half ampoule;
- hormonal (Dexamethasone – 1 ml);
- antihistamine (Dimedrol – 1 ml)
The last two drugs are needed to block histamine receptors. This is necessary to stop allergic reactions and relieve the general condition.
There is no longer recommended to invent nose droplet formulations on your own, as this requires in-depth knowledge of pharmacology and practical experience in the use of the drug.
There are a large number of combination therapies that can be purchased at the pharmacy.
The composition of the drug includes two antibacterial (neomycin, polymixin B), hormonal (dexamethasone), vasoconstrictor. The drug is available in the form of a nasal solution.
The therapeutic effect is expressed by a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-edematous and antimicrobial properties of the drug. In the treatment, it should be remembered that Polydex will not be able to help in the presence of coccal flora, anaerobes and bacilli in the inflammatory focus.
Polydex is prescribed for infectious rhinitis to reduce inflammation, stuffiness of the nose.
Contraindications, adverse reactions
The number of contraindications should include:
- individual intolerance to the components;
- virus infection in the active stage.
Note that the drug may be a positive test for doping in athletes. The therapeutic effect should be evaluated after 4 days from the start of therapy. Usually the treatment course is 7 days. If the recommended doses are adhered to, no systemic reactions are observed.
In the lactation period, independent use of Polydex is prohibited in pregnancy.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated. When doses are exceeded, the following symptoms may occur:
- mucous irritation;
- pelvic sensation in the nasal cavities.
Long-term antibiotic therapy is accompanied by the activation of a fungal infection that is difficult to control.
The medicine is applied locally by burying three drops of nasal passage twice a day. If the treatment is given to a child, the dose should not exceed 1 drop twice.
Vibrocyl should be included in the number of combined drugs. Its composition is represented by an antihistamine, vasoconstrictorious component. Clinically, the effect of the drug is presented as follows:
- reducing itching, peeling in the nasal passages;
- reducing tissue swelling;
- removal of the nasal congestion;
- reducing the volume of mucous secretions.
Vibrocyl does not interfere with the physiological functions of the mucous membrane, which ensures its high resistance to environmental irritants, including allergens.
The medicine is prescribed for seasonal or year-round rhinitis of allergic origin. It can be used in the treatment of otitis to provide ventilation for the auditory cavity and to reduce the swelling of the eustachial mucosa.
Vibrocyl is used before diagnostic manipulations or in the postoperative period to prevent complications.
Two drops each three times a day for therapeutic purposes. The drug should be buried on a cleaned nasal mucous membrane. You can use Dolphin, Aqualore or Salin for that. Children from two years of age should drop one drop at a time 2-3 times.
The composition of complex droplets in the nose is represented by hormonal (hydrocortisone) and antimicrobial (neomycin) agents. This provides a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antihistamine and antiedematous action.
The drug is administered in inflammatory, allergic diseases of the nasal tract. It is also effective for sinusitis, vasomotor rhinitis, caused by an allergic reaction.
Ginkomycin-Theva is used in two drops every 2-4 hours. After the end of the acute period, the dosage can be reduced to one drop three times a day.
In the midst of contraindications, it is worth highlighting:
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- acute fungal, viral process;
- lactation period;
Caution should be exercised when using nasal droplets with antibacterial agents in a tablet or injectable form in parallel.
In case of non-compliance with the recommended doses, itching, burning, pain and nasal mucous membrane hyperemia may occur.
Combined drugs are much more powerful than monocomponent, but contraindications, side effects are also much greater. In some cases, complex medications are used unnecessarily, which is accompanied by the development of antimicrobial resistance of infectious agents, as well as a reduction in the therapeutic effect.
Sources: medscape.com, health.harvard.edu, medicalnewstoday.com.
Sophisticated nose droplets: for children and adults. Instruction and feedback
Glucocorticoids are indicated by prolonged runny nose or if breathing is not alleviated by the use of conventional vasoconstrictors. Glucocorticoid droplets are very effective in relieving nasal inflammation and allergies.
Immunomodulating agents help to increase and strengthen immunity.
Antibiotics are used when a bacterial purulent infection occurs in the nasopharynx.
Many patients often ask, “How do you prepare complex droplets at home? Here are the recipes for complex droplets for adults:
- We need to mix 5 ml of Dexamethasone 0.1%, 10 ml of Galazolin 0.1% and 10 ml of Dioxidine 1%;
- Other recipe is based on the use of aloe juice. To prepare the solution, mix 1 ml of 1% Dexamethasone solution with 10 ml of 1% Dioxidine solution. Next, you need to add 2 ml of aloe juice;
- For the next solution, you should take a whole bottle of 10% Nazivine, Sofradex and Lincomycin and add one ampoule of Dexamethasone to the resulting composition.
- Other allergic cold should be mixed in equal proportions with substances such as oloxocin, dioxidine and hydrocortisone.
Please consult your doctor before using. It is necessary to drop 2 drops 3 times a day. It should be used for about one week.
In production only fresh, valid and tightly sealed bottles from the pharmacy should be used. You should also get a detailed instruction with them.
How much and how to store: conditions
Prepared product should be stored in the refrigerator. They could be in it for about a week. Before use, the bubble should be removed from the cold room and warmed to a comfortable temperature, e.g. in your hands.
Sophisticated droplets in the nose for children: prescription
When a child has a prolonged cold, a doctor may prescribe the use of complex droplets.
Also considered an effective component in the comprehensive treatment of a child's maxillary sinusitis.
This should be remembered that the components are corrected and selected by the specialist for the child of a certain age. Most often, complex droplets in the nose with Miramistein are recommended for children.
Many parents wonder: “How to prepare complex droplets for babies? This mixture may include: hydrocortisone, naphthin and 0.5% child dioxide. All ingredients should be mixed well, keeping the proportions
Before use, the child's nasal passages should be cleaned. First you need to rinse with seawater or Aquamaris solution. If the child has nozzles, they should be removedwith special suction devices (pear or nozzle extractor). After that it is desirable to clean the nose with cotton bundles.
Next, it is necessary to bury the nose according to the scheme: two drops in each nostril. Sometimes there may be a burning sensation in the nasal cavity, so one drop of peach oil should be dripped 5 minutes after digging.
If the child has difficulty dripping into the nasal cavity, it is necessary to wet cotton bundles in this solution and insert them into each nasal passage. Hold about 5-10 minutes.
Priority of parents, in the presence of the child's embeddedness and knowing the effectiveness of these drops, ask the question: “How to prepare a solution at home? The following are some simple recipes:
- The droplets contain 0.5 ml of 1% Dexamethasone and 2 ml of 30% Lincomycin, 2.5 ml of 1% Dioxidine and 1 ml of Nazoneks. The resulting mixture should be shaken well;
- For its preparation Nazivine, 10% Lincomycin and Nazonex will be needed. Mix in equal proportion and add one ml of aloe.
- Mix 10% Lincomycin with one ampoule of 10 ml of 1% Dimedrol (can be replaced by Suprastin). The resulting composition should be mixed well and add a bottle of Vibrocyl to them. That is, in the proportion of 0.1:1:1.
Many parents note that effectively fight children's runny nose helps drops of aminocapron acid. This medicine allows to get rid of symptoms of rhinitis and rhinopharyngitis more quickly.
For the baby can be used drops with streptomycin, which has a good antibacterial effect on the mucous membrane.
Adenoids prescribe baby drops with ceftriaxone. It needs to be mixed in equal proportions with Dexamethasone and Naphthin.
Physicians have no particular contraindications when using this medicine if it is made by a specialist and purchased from a pharmacy.
It is important to remember that if the use of such droplets, especially in children, has any unpleasant symptoms, then further use should be immediately discontinued. Therefore, children under three years of age should use them with caution.
Pharmacies now have a huge number of analogues of these droplets that have similar effects.
- Vibrocyl and Viferon;
As mentioned above, the cost depends entirely on the components that make up them. But despite that, the price is much lower than the usual rhinoceros remedies.
The following unpleasant symptoms may occur during treatment. It's a good idea to include them:
- Blood pressure rise;
- Heart rate increase;
- Dizziness, vomiting and nausea;
- Disturbance of the stool;
- This is a change in heart function;
- Dryness in the nasal cavity;
- Reduced ability of the mucous membrane to withstand negative factors, pathological bacteria and allergens;
- Nasal bleeding;
- Convulsive runny nose;
- Resid deterioration of the patient's health;
- Developing glaucoma.
It is worth noting that all of the above complications are individual and can only occur in some patients. Thus, if there are any unpleasant symptoms, it is necessary to stop using and immediately seek help from a specialist.
Sophisticated droplets are an effective tool that will help get rid of a prolonged runny nose, both adult patient and child.
It is necessary to apply only under the supervision of the attending physician, to comply with the dosage and conditions of admission, as well as closely monitor their health. It should be remembered that the use of children is not always justified and there is a risk of complications.[ads-pc-1][ads-mob-1]
Any child who is most vulnerable to acute respiratory illnesses or acute respiratory illnesses has their weaknesses. And it lasts over a month. Usually we treat with medication, heating (warming with a blue lamp) and rinsing the nose. Recovery comes slowly.
On the advice of the doctor decided to try complex drops. The line-up was next: 5 ml of any vasoconstrictor (e.g. Xylene, Nazivine) + 5 ml of dioxidine +1 ml of dexamethasone or hydrocortisone. I can tell you exactly what works.
Eugenia, 32 years old
Share with friends