Citovir-3 syrup for children: instructions for use, composition, analogues of immunostimulant
Citovir 3: instructions for use, price, reviews, analogues
Citovir 3 is an inexpensive combination immunomodulator primarily used to treat or prevent colds.
One of its key benefits is minimal side effects and the ability to use it in pediatrics (for children).
Which instructions for use with Citovir 3? What forms does it come in? How does it work with other pharmacological drugs, such as immunomodulators?
Application and general information
According to the manufacturer's instructions, the indication for the use of Citovir 3 is the treatment and prevention of acute respiratory diseases of viral aetiology.
However, in bacteriological or fungal infection, the immunomodulator also works, but is less pronounced, as its components enhance the effectiveness of atypical immune response (by stimulating the synthesis of interferons).
In addition, Citovir 3 includes ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in therapeutic dosage. This has a positive impact on the overall resistance of the body to infections.
The composition of the drug includes:
- Bendazole (a substance that stimulates the synthesis of interferons);
- Sodium timogen (affects the T-cellular link of the immune system, thereby increasing the effectiveness of interferons);
- vitamin C (contributes to the overall strengthening of immunity).
It is also worth noting that the composition of the drug is selected in such a way as to ensure its maximum bioavailability. That is, it starts as soon as possible after the reception.
Today's Citovir 3 is released in the following forms:
- capsules (in packs of 12, 24 and 48);
- syrup (for children);
- powder for the preparation of the solution (for children).
Concentration of active substances is given in the table.
|Form||Bendazole (in mg)||Sodium Timogenes (in mg)||Ascorbic acid (in mg)|
|Capsules (1 pc.)||20||0.5||50|
|Syrop (1 ml)||1.25||0.15||12|
|Powder for solution preparation (1 ml of ready solution according to instructions)||1.25||0.15||12|
The recommended form of administration should always be determined by the doctor, taking into account not only the age, but also the clinical condition of the patient.
Powder for solution preparation is available in three variations that differ only in the form of a natural flavouring agent. There are currently three variations:
Flavor form has no effect on the therapeutic effect of the drug and can be chosen by the patient (or parent). The likelihood of an allergic reaction is not affected by this parameter either.
Instruction for use
Citovir 3 capsules are taken 20-30 minutes before meals, with a small amount of water. Syrup is a ready-made solution for intake, but, if necessary, it can be diluted in water at room temperature just before use.
This is worth noting that the course of intake and dosage both in treatment and prevention of acute respiratory infections does not change, but can be adjusted at the discretion of the attending physician.
Not changing at temperature, but it is recommended to take a break of 2-3 hours between immunomodulators and antipyretic drugs (e.g. Paracetamol).
With regard to the combination of Citovir with other drugs, the manufacturer indicates that it is well tolerated with antipyretics, antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory agents. The only remark is not to combine the reception with other immunocorrectors. You should also take a break of 1-2 hours between taking your medication.
Categorical contraindication for Citovir 3 is the presence of hyperreaction to one of the components of the drug, vegetal dystonia, hypotension.
It is also not intended for use at the age of up to 6 years (does not apply to syrup or powder for the preparation of a solution, which is allowed to be used in practice from 3 years).
Physicians believe that Citovir 3 should be restricted for atypical chronic immunodeficiency in order not to provoke an autoimmune reaction (but no detailed studies have been done on this subject, so the manufacturer does not specify in the instructions about it).
This also takes into account that there is a small amount of lactose in Citovir 3 capsules. But if it is intolerable, symptoms of intestinal disorder, diarrhoea may occur.
In this case, consult your doctor regarding the possibility of replacing the drug with an analogue. Or you can use another form of it (syrup or powder for solution preparation).
They do not contain lactose (as it is only present in the capsule shell).
And for the treatment of acute respiratory infections in the treatment of complex therapy, and for the prevention of respiratory diseases Citovir 3 is taken 1 capsule 3 times a day for 20-30 minutes before meals, drinking them with a small amount of water. Course of treatment – 3-5 days, after which a break of 2-3 weeks (or according to the scheme specified by the doctor).
Citovir 3 in the form of a syrup is taken at the next dose:
- for children 1-3 years old – 2 milliliters 3 times a day;
- for children 3-6 years old – 4 milliliters 3 times a day;
- for children aged 6-10 years – 8 milliliters 3 times a day;
- for children aged 10-12 years – 12 milliliters 3 times a day.
The recommended course is 4 days, further appointment should be agreed with the paediatrician after the examination of the child.
Powder for solution preparation is initially mixed with boiled water at room temperature (40 milliliters of water per 1 sachet). The further dosage is identical to that for syrup.
Syrup and the finished powder solution should be stored in a dark place, protected from sunlight at a temperature of 0 to 8 degrees Celsius.
Maybe side effects
In the case of severe vascular dystonia, taking the drug may provoke arterial hypotension. Also, the manufacturer reports about known single cases of allergic reaction manifested in the form of:
- short-term increase in body temperature.
Example percentage of possible hyperreaction is only 0.001%. No tests have been carried out in this regard, nor have there been any certified statistics. Allergic reactions have been shown to occur primarily in children under 3 years of age.
Lactose intolerance can also lead to diarrhoea, an intestinal disorder. In some patients, this is supplemented by minor stomach pain due to increased enzyme secretion. Immediately after Citovir 3 is stopped, these symptoms disappear.
Average price in pharmacies of the Russian Federation for Citlovir 3 is:
- capsules (12 pcs.) – RUB 337;
- capsules (24 pcs.) – RUB 530;
- capsules (48 pcs.) – 854 rubles;
- syrop (50 ml) – 417 rubles;
- powder for solution preparation (20 grams) – 316 rubles;
- powder for solution preparation (20 grams, cranberry) – 282 rubles.
The final price may differ slightly from the above, as it depends on the region, the pharmacy chain's financial policy, and the delivery time.
C with identical composition of drugs in pharmacies do not exist, but there is a mass of cheap analogues of Citovir 3 with similar effect. These include:
- Amixin (in the form of tablets). The active ingredient is Tiloron, which also stimulates interferon synthesis. It is used in the treatment of many infectious diseases, including hepatitis A. The average cost is 235 rubles.
- Glutoxime. The base is a gluttoxime solution in ethanic acid. It is used not only for immunodeficiency, but also for inhibition of cancer cell division. It's complex. The average price is 1180 rubles.
- Anaferon. The basis is the purified bodies of gamma interferon. It is best suited for the prevention and treatment of viral respiratory diseases. Can be used in children (a special “children's” form of the drug is available). Average cost – 190 rubles.
- Kagoocell. The drug is based on Cagocel, which is a synthetic inductor of interferon. Works just as well as Citovir 3, but no detailed clinical trials have been conducted.
- Interferon. Strengthens the complex function of immunity, especially effective against viruses. It is also used in pediatrics. The only drawback is the form of release (ready-made solution in ampoules). Average price – 200 rubles.
According to the annotations in the official instructions, it is not necessary to switch to the use of analogues. This decision can only be made by the attending physician with a complete clinical picture and a patient's medical history.
Not known to the manufacturer or physicians about drug overdose cases. It can only be assumed that the symptoms will be similar to those that occur when interferon derivatives overdose. And this is a possible allergic reaction:
- local redness, inflammation of the skin;
- local itching and peeling of the skin.
When overdosing, the same actions as when poisoning with any other pharmacological agent should be followed. That is, as soon as possible to clean the stomach, take activated carbon, seek medical attention. Naturally, the drug is temporarily suspended.
Citovir 3 has been in use in medical practice for a long time, so there are quite a lot of reviews on the thematic resources about it from those to whom it was assigned by doctors. We can give you an example of some of them.
For example, a user with the nickname Ivanushkina (http://irecommend.
en/content/istoriya-odnogo-orvi-na-dvoikhschitayu-chto-tsitovir-3-sposobstvoval-skoreishemu-vyzdorovlen) claims to have taken the drug with her husband when he or she fell ill with ARVI.
And in just 5 days, all the painful symptoms of her husband have passed, and she never showed signs of infection. Among the drawbacks, the user only notes the high cost of the drug.
The user with the nickname “Galantik2217” (http://otzovik.com/review_264873.html) claims that Citovir 3 was appointed her daughter's attending physician for the treatment of a cold. But there was no effect from it. And later she was diagnosed with a herpetic infection, which Citovir 3 theory should also eliminate. Alas, there was no effect from the reception.
The user with the nickname “Natalia Streltsova” (https://health.mail.ru/drug/tsitovir3/comments/?page=6#comment-1805) indicates that she took this immunomodulator on the recommendation of her friend. The effect was positive, and the main advantage of the drug it calls it absolute safety for the body. It is because of this that it can be used in pediatrics.
The user of “MamaPolina” (https://www.baby.ru/community/view/30500/forum/post/75542545/) also recommends to accept Citovir 3. In particular, it was given to a child over a year old on the doctor's recommendation.
Separately, the user points out that it is better to use the drug in the form of a powder to prepare the solution. However, the manufacturer does not share this view, arguing that both the syrup and the solution have the same composition and dosage.
Total, the effect of Citovir 3 is generally assessed as positive in most cases. For the treatment of viral respiratory diseases, it is an ideal immunomodulator, including for children.
But before it is used, it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
It should be remembered that prolonged immunomodulator use can inhibit the natural synthesis of interferon, which will subsequently affect the immune function.
Save or share:
Feedback from readers
Citovir-3 – instruction, analogues cheaper (list), efficiency comparison
/ Medicines / Citovir-3 – cheaper instructions (list), efficacy comparison
Citovir-3 – a drug designed to promote human immunity. It contains substances that help the body maintain protection against viral infection.
- The first component is ascorbic acid, which is a powerful antioxidant, activates metabolic reactions, improves the condition of blood vessel walls, promotes the transfer of immune factors to inflamed tissues.
- The second component is bendazole, which regulates the synthesis of interferon proteins in the body. Interferons increase the immunity of cells to viruses. Citovir-3 is used for both prevention and treatment of viral diseases.
Application and drug formulations
Citovir-3 is used to treat influenza A and B type, as well as any acute respiratory disease caused by pneumotropic viruses. Citovir-3 is sold in the following dosage forms:
- Capsules. The oval white orange gelatin capsules contain a drug in the form of white powder. One capsule contains 50 mg of vitamin C and 20 mg of bendazole. The capsules are sealed in blisters of 12 grand each. The package contains two or four blisters.
- Sirop. It is a viscous liquid of light yellow color, sweet to taste. The medicine is sold in dark glass bottles with a volume of 50 ml. In addition to active ingredients, the syrup contains only water and sugar. This form of medicine is prescribed mainly for children. In packing there is a spoon and a measuring capacity.
- Powder for preparation of a solution. Represents a yellowishishish loose substance. When dissolved in water, it turns into a transparent drink that smells like fruit. In addition to the active ingredients, the powder contains fruit flavouring and sugar. The drug is sold in 20 ml bottles. The package contains a dose measuring spoon and a measuring container.
Adults are usually prescribed in capsule form. For both prevention and treatment of viral diseases it is necessary to take one capsule three times a day.
The medicine is more effective if taken half an hour before meals.
Therapy course is determined by the doctor, but a four-day course is sufficient to prevent viral infections. The prophylactic course is recommended to be repeated every 30 days.
Partners should know that the treatment will be quick and effective if the child starts to drink Citovir-3 with initial symptoms of viral disease. Each form of medicine has its own instructions for use.
- Capsules. Designed for children from six years of age. For treatment and prevention of viral diseases should be taken one capsule three times a day.
- Syrup, solution. Intended for children from one year of age. Kids under three years of age should consume 2 ml of medication three times a day, from three to six years of age 4 ml, from six to ten years of age 8 ml, and from 10 to 13 years of age 12 ml.
Not taking Citovir-3 if available:
- Mellitus diabetes;
- Cardiovascular disorders;
- Muscle hypertonicity;
- Bronchial asthma.
The medicine should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The drug does not interact with other drugs, so it can be safely used in the treatment of viral pathologies.
Predose and side effects
The only side effect is allergies to the drug components. A significant overdose of the drug in people with a weak cardiovascular system and elderly people can dramatically reduce blood pressure.
Propossibility of the drug
Propossibility of the immunostimulant is determined by its medicinal form:
- Capsules, 12 pieces in a blister – from 195 rubles;
- Sirop, 50 ml – from 340 rubles;
- Powder, 20 ml – from 300 rubles.
Citovir-3 Analogs are cheaper (list)
If there is no Citovir-3 in the pharmacy, there is no need to be upset. Pharmaceutical companies offer many analogues of Citovir-3, which are cheaper but not inferior to the original in quality. Usually, doctors recommend the following replacement medications to patients:
Citovir-3 or Cagoocell – what to choose?
Citovir-3 is a complex preparation, and Cagoocell contains one active substance – Cagoocell. One tablet contains 12 mg of Cagocelle. The active ingredient is non-toxic and is a stimulant for interferon synthesis.
Cagocel can be used to treat not only acute respiratory diseases, but also herpes.
The medication should be administered within four days of infection. Cagocelle is produced only in tablet form. It should be taken by adults and children from the age of three.
Therapeutic course involves taking two packs of the drug. Therefore, treatment costs about 500 rubles. And two packs of Citovir-3 capsules cost about 400 rubles. That's why Kagotsel's therapy turns out to be more expensive by 100 rubles.
Medical specialists usually find it difficult to tell patients which drug to choose. The choice of drug is determined by the severity of the symptomatology. Cagozel is weaker than Citovir-3.
in its healing effect.
Citovir-3 or Ergoferon – what is cheaper and more effective?
Ergoferon is a complex drug. It contains histamine antibodies (6 mg), human gamma interferon antibodies (6 mg) and CD-4 antibodies (6 mg). The drug is realized in the form of absorbable tablets and solution for internal intake.
Ergoferon is prescribed not only for influenza and acute respiratory viral diseases, but also for herpes, whooping cough, scarlet fever, rotavirus and enterovirus infection. It is forbidden to give medication to infants for up to six months. You can't use the immunostimulant to people with diabetes mellitus, allergies, lactose rejection, intolerance to the components of the drug.
Ergoferon has 20 tablets in its packaging. The average cost of a medicine is 320 rubles. Packaging of Citovir-3 with two blisters containing 24 capsules costs about 560 rubles. It turns out that treatment with Citovir-3 costs almost 150 rubles more. One pack of ErgoFeron is usually enough for the whole course of therapy.
Citovir-3 or Arbidol – what's better?
Arbidol – the analogue of Citovir-3 in action, but the composition of these drugs are different. Citovir-3 is a complex medicine, and Arbidol contains one substance – umifenovir. Arbidol is sold in tablet and capsule form, as well as in the form of powder for the manufacture of suspension.
One capsule contains 50 mg of umifenovir, in the suspension – 25 mg for every 5 ml.
Arbidol has a pronounced antiviral effect, is an immunostimulant medium activity. The advantage of the drug is that it has a much lower toxic effect than Citovir-3.
Arbidol is used in influenza, acute respiratory syndrome, immune deficiency after illness, severe acute respiratory syndrome. Sometimes doctors prescribe the drug to patients suffering from herpes, lower respiratory tract diseases, intestinal infections.
The drug does not have side effects, you can not use the immunostimulant only to people who have intolerance to its components.
Pills and capsules are allowed to be taken by children from three years of age, and suspension from two years of age.
Hard to say what is cheaper: Citovir-3 or Arbidol. Packaging of Arbidol, containing 10 tablets, costs about 220 rubles. But a therapeutic course requires at least 20 pills. Therefore, Arbidol treatment will cost at least 440 rubles.
To get rid of acute respiratory viral infections, usually enough one pack of Citovir-3, containing 12 capsules. The cost of such a package is 230 rubles, two packs of 460 rubles.
This is why it is more expensive to be treated by Arbidol, despite the seemingly attractive price tag, than by Tsitovir-3.
Citovir-3 or Anaferon – what to buy?
Chemical composition of the drugs is completely different. Citovir-3 is a complex remedy consisting of three components, and Anaferon is a homeopathic medicine based on antibodies to human gamma-interferon. Anaferon is available in the form of resorption tablets.
The analogue of Citovir-3 is produced for both adults and children. Pills for adults can be taken from 18 years of age, pills for children are allowed to take babies from six months of age.
Anaferon is usually prescribed for influenza and acute viral diseases, but also works effectively for herpes, rotavirus infection, encephalitis, mononucleosis. There are no side effects of the drug. Homeopathic drug is safer and less toxic than Citovir-3, so it prefers to prescribe pediatricians to small patients.
Stoit Anaferon inexpensive, only 220 rubles per package with 20 tablets. For comparison, the cost of a package of Citovir-3, containing 24 capsules, is 560 rubles. The difference is tangible. But many doctors recommend taking a homeopathic remedy to prevent viral infections, and use Citovir-3 for therapy.
Citovir-3 or Viferon?
Wiferon is an antiviral and antibiotic immunostimulant. The drug is implemented in the form of gels and suppositories. The active component is alpha-2b interferon. The efficacy of Viferon and Citovir-3 is equal.
But Viferon, unlike Citovir-3, is allowed for the treatment of pregnant women and newborn babies. Blister with ten suppositories costs about 240 rubles. That's about the same as the 12 capsules of Citovir-3.
Citovir-3 or Orvirém – what is better to buy?
Orvirém – an analogue of Citovir-3, designed exclusively for children. The only form of medicine sold is syrup. The active ingredient is Rimantadine. The drug has antiviral and detoxifying effect, is used to treat and prevent influenza and acute viral diseases.
Pediatricians prescribe Orvirus to young patients who have reached the age of one year. A single bottle of 100 ml syrup is enough for the treatment. The average cost of the medicine is 300 rubles.
Cheap analogues of Citovir – list with prices
Antiviral drugs during epidemics make a good profit for the pharmacy business. Only the first influencers appear, as soon as they appear from the shelves of pharmacies “melt” the means from viruses and influenza. Today's patients know that these drugs not only destroy viral infection, but can also make the immune system work better on the whole.
This is why it is not uncommon for antiviral drugs to be purchased for prophylaxis as well, when a high percentage of cases are reported everywhere. There is controversy about this, not all physicians see the effectiveness of these prophylactic measures.
In this article, we will talk about a combination drug called citovir-3, find out what it is for, and determine if it has cheaper analogues.
Pharmacological affiliation and composition
Citovir-3 belongs to the group of immunostimulants with antiviral action. The main active ingredients of the drug contribute to the restoration of all immunity links. Thus, citovir-3 consists of:
- bendazole – strengthens the immune defense of the body by improving the production of endogenous (internal) interferon. The body's internal reserves restore immune processes.
- timogen – enhances the action of benzadole, affects T-cells;
- ascorbic acid – helps to implement the reactions of the immunity humoral link, reduces inflammation, improves the condition of blood vessels, has a pronounced antioxidant effect.
Form of production and price
Citovir-3 is produced by the research and production complex of MBNPK (Russia). The preparation is presented in three forms: capsules, syrup and powder for solution preparation.
Price for citovir-3 in pharmacies is as follows:
- syrup (50 ml) – 360 – 400 rubles;
- capsules (12 pcs., 24 pcs.,48 pcs.) – accordingly 400, 580, 880 rubles;
- powder for preparation of a solution of 20 g (orange, strawberry, cranberry) – about 300 rubles.
If for any reasons the price for citovir-3 does not suit the patient, it is necessary to search for cheaper analogues.
When is citovir-3 prescribed?
Orvi, the flu (A and B) is a direct indication for the use of citovir-3. The drug can be used as a prophylaxis and treatment