4-month baby day mode
Baby day mode: fourth month
In the fourth month of life, the baby spends more and more time awake. Nutrition is increasing, and some children are allowed to try new tastes by paediatricians: it's time to introduce food in the form of cereal porridge, fruit or vegetable puree.
The crumbs' daily routine includes more and more activities designed to develop their motor skills. Active babies are diligently mastering the upheavals and crawling, and your task is to devote as much time as possible during the waking period to exercises that will strengthen the baby's muscles and contribute to the consolidation of new skills.
Example mode of a child's day in 4 months
|6:00||feeding, washing, diaper change|
|8:00 – 10:00||son|
|10:00 – 12:00||feeding, active awake|
|12:00 – 14:00||son|
|14:00 – 16:00||Feeding, active awake|
|16:00 – 18:00||son|
|18:00 – 21:00||feeding, active waking, bathing, feeding|
|21:00 – 6:00||son and feeding|
Of course, you won't be able to implement an approximate day mode for your baby and follow it minute by minute. The order may shift slightly, for example, because the crumbs are not feeling well. You should only try to ensure that the intervals between meals are at least 4 hours, and that the infant spends about 6 hours of daily sleep divided into three episodes.
Beginning of the fourth month of life you should be able to train your baby on breastfeeding to follow a strict schedule. Feeding intervals should now be 3.5-4 hours, and ideally the number of meals should be reduced at night. On average, babies in the fourth month should rest for 6.5 hours without waking up.
The volume of breast milk eaten should now increase to 200 ml per feed.
A well-fed baby sleeps and stays awake longer, without having to eat, so that the intervals between feeding the baby by the beginning of the fourth month increase and their number is reduced compared to the third month.
Now the baby has to eat 5 times a day on HW, during this period he drinks from 900 to 1000 ml of mother's milk.
It is believed that the nutrient content of breast milk is enough to provide the baby with the necessary substances. But your paediatrician can recommend you to give complementary food as early as the fourth month, if required and allowed by the health of the crumbs. For example, if you are underweight, your doctor may allow you to expand your baby's diet with porridge, if you are prone to constipation with mashed vegetables.
Actual formula feeding
Kids are fed 5 times a day from the middle of 4 months onwards, and the breaks between meals are still 4 hours.
Because the formula is very nutritious, quiet children can do without feeding for 8 hours at night.
This five-fold mode will remain in place until the baby turns one year old, and only the volume of the mixture in the bottle will increase as the baby grows. Now the baby should drink 200 ml of food at a time.
The baby's diet on the IV in the fourth month, usually begins to be enriched with vegetable or fruit puree. What exactly is the best product to start with to introduce the baby to the “solid” food, will advise you to your pediatrician, based on the state of health of the baby.
- Give the mashed potatoes to the child starting with small amounts after the end of the basic feeding.
- For the first acquaintance it is enough to give the product on the tip of the teaspoon, let the crumb get used to the new taste. Gradually increase the amount of feed and reduce the amount of formula. It's better to put mashed potatoes in one of the meals in the morning.
- When the feed volume is 150 grams, you'll completely replace one meal with vegetable or fruit puree.
- Ready the crumbs with new products in turn. For example, start with apple puree, fully feed it, and then add pear or banana to the diet day by day, according to the same scheme.
- Teamlessly watch the baby's reaction to the new product, it can follow even three days after it is added to the food in the form of rash or diarrhea.
- The experts recommend that a teaspoon of vegetable oil be added to the vegetable puree.
By the fourth month, the quality and duration of an infant's sleep changes significantly. Since most babies are no longer suffering from intestinal colic by this time, they sleep longer and harder.
The child should sleep 3 times during the day, i.e. an average of 2 hours per resting episode, and 9-10 hours per night.
It is important to continue to adjust the sleep and feeding mode for small deviations. If the child wakes up early, try to calm him down and distract him by lingering for the remaining minutes before eating. You should also wake up the baby if the feeding time is right and he's still asleep.
If you have any scheduling problems, you should think about why this happened. The baby will sleep well if it is full, spent enough time outdoors and moved a lot and actively during the day.
- On the fourth month of your life, continue to walk with a crumb at least twice for 1.5-2 hours, adjusting the duration of the walk to the weather conditions;
- when the baby is awake, his walk should be informative, tell the crumb about everything that happens;
- will be good if the baby sleeps while walking;
- In baby day mode, morning washing and hygiene are mandatory when changing diapers.
- Maybe buy a soft brush for crumbs and show how to use it yourself.
- The babies in the fourth month continue to drool heavily, due to the beginning of tooth growth. You should wipe them off your baby's face with cotton handkerchiefs and change clothes in a timely manner.
- Because the baby's itching pulls all objects into his mouth, you should surround him with clean toys, which should be sterilized in a timely manner.
- The baby's hands on the fourth month begin to listen well to him.
Buy bathroom games cups and show your baby that they can collect water and pour it out. These activities will engage the baby and brighten up the minutes spent in the bathroom.
Gymnastics and massage
By the end of the fourth month, most babies should be able to turn over to the tummy from the back position.
In addition, active kids are making their first attempts to crawl, so all your time and effort should be directed to the development of muscles that will be involved in the mastering of these skills.
For normal development, it is enough to give physical activity for 5-10 minutes three times a day. Any exercise should be done before eating or an hour after feeding.
- Continue to do exercises with your baby that provoke him/her to make a coup.
- In the palm of your hand, gently pull the baby's fingers on the back, but do not put it on yourself. This exercise will strengthen the muscles of the press, backrest and pens.
- Place bright toys in front of the baby lying on the tummy. He'll try to grab his favorites and start trying to crawl. To help your baby, place your hands under his or her feet, and he or she will rest on them and push them away.
- Continue your fitball lessons, gradually complicating the exercise.
Messaging and games
Fourth month of life the child spends without sleep more actively than the previous month. He gets tired of lying in his crib for a long time, but his lessons are very tiring, so it is important to provide the baby with a diverse “leisure” when he is awake.
- Surround the child with a small number of toys. It's not their number that matters to him, it's their variety. Toys should be made of different touchable materials that the tiny one will be interested in exploring with their fingers, and sometimes with their mouths.
- As the baby pulls everything into the mouth, make sure that the toys around him are clean. While the baby is asleep, boil or boil with boiling water those items that will withstand high temperatures.
- Motor activity of the baby has increased, so you can hang over his pendant handles and merry-go-rounds, which he will be interested in grabbing.
- Introduce the baby to the world of animals, showing him pictures in a book or cards with images. Start learning about colors, no matter what your child can't say and show, the bookmark of his or her knowledge is during infancy.
- Bear with your child in your arms, commenting on everything you see. Familiarize him with the items of furniture, clearly say the names of the items.
- Kids love to clap their hands, so you can include a rhythmic melody and have fun with your baby.
- Vestibular apparatus training dancing with your baby is very useful. A child will be delighted if you hold him in your arms and start spinning or jumping.
- Kids like traditional games such as Forty White-sided and Shorned Goat.
Child's day mode at 4 months: how to set
Your baby's been here for four months. By this age, you have a certain rhythm of life already developed. You know exactly when a child wants to eat, when to sleep, and when to get his mother's attention. But the baby is a fickle creature, prone to caprice. This often disrupts your schedule, preventing you from doing your homework.
Very often parents ask themselves the question of how to set a clear daily routine for their babies at four months of age. What is the reason for this need, and why is the daily routine necessary and important? How to establish a more or less stable schedule of feeding, sleeping, waking, walking and hygienic procedures? That's what we're gonna figure out now.
What the mode is needed for
First of all, the daily routine is important for the child. The human body functions according to certain biorhythms. Someone's an owl, someone's a lark. Somebody needs to eat three times a day, somebody needs to eat two times more than enough. The child is also subject to the rhythm of life. You have probably already noticed that, at least, he sleeps and eats at about the same time.
Kids are sensitive. Any stress affects their health and development. A clear day mode solves the stress as much as possible.
If your baby is used to eating at 7am, try to feed him sooner or later – the whims are inevitable.
When every day you act strictly in order, adhering to the same schedule, the child and behaves in times calmer – he knows exactly that now he will be fed, now he will be played with, and now he will be taken out for a walk.
Second order, Mom needs the mode. In addition to taking care of the baby, there is also a mother herself with her needs, there is a lot of household chores. In this case, the karapuz yells, and understand what he wants.
In the case of the daily routine, everything is easier – Mom knows that at 12 o'clock the baby whines because he is hungry, and at one o'clock is capricious because of the desire to take a nap.
Also, knowing when the child will sleep and how much, you can plan other things around the house, breakfast, lunch, or an elementary shower.
How to set the mode
If you analyze yours with your baby day, you will realize that the karapuzzle is a pretty organized creation. In a couple of days, write down when and what the baby wants. You'll be surprised, but the difference in time will be no more than half an hour.
Now, it remains to remember the time frame, which has already set the crumb, to move them a little in your favor, and strictly adhere to every day. Just wake up and feed the baby sooner or later. First for 15 minutes, then for half an hour, etc.
Then you will go out at the right time, and the lunchtime sleep will shift, and feeding after that dream. The kid already has his own biological clock, which dictates when he should go to bed. You just need to adjust to them or adapt them to your own needs.
The main rule of any mode is stability. There shouldn't be a single breach of the schedule on your part, especially when it's more or less fixed. The child won't always follow, but if you show patience and consistency, sooner or later you'll “get involved”.
Day mode 4 months: Feeding
On average, the infant eats five meals a day for four months – that is, one meal “falls off”. The fact that the baby is quite developed and strong, he can suck the breasts longer and more intensively, respectively, and is eaten for a longer period of time.
The children on breastfeeding and artificial feeding eat about the same. The same goes for mixed feeding. As a rule, all the child's problems (colic and stool problems) are gone by 4 months. But it is important for the mother who breast-feeds to stick to her diet when breastfeeding. The composition of your milk still depends on what you eat. In order for your baby to fully develop, he needs enough nutrients and vitamins.
Therefore, feeding with breastfeeding at 4 months still plays a huge role, however, is no longer in the context of health crumbs, and more in the context of the nutritional value of your milk.
If you keep track of the frequency of feeding, you can put nutrition at the heart of the chart.
You'll have to endure a couple of days of whims. But in the end, from time to time, when the baby eats, it's gonna be a nap time and everything else.
Just a couple of months ago these periods were short, the child woke up actually only to eat. But now he's awake about eight hours a day. That's why you don't just feed on your conversations – the baby wants attention. The physical development of the karapuz at 4 months determines these periods in the chart of the breast. He is aware of his actions, it is not the chaotic movements of pens and legs, but the study of the possibilities of his body.
The child's eyesight is not blurred anymore, he can distinguish between red and yellow objects – these are the colors from which the color perception begins. The child's ear actively differentiates between sounds. If before barking dogs and mobile phone signal were perceived as a continuous noise effect, now it is fundamentally different sounds.
Everything that is caught by the baby at hand, is actively moved. This is how the tactile sensitivity of the handles develops, on which the development of the speech system depends directly.
All these features can and should be used in a period when the karapuzik vigorous and active. Talk to your child, show them all around and name things.
At home, on a walk, in the store. The more often you comment on your actions and mark objects, the more interesting it will be to the baby. And the sooner he will begin to speak for himself.
Already at this age, a huge role is played by all sorts of poems-mistems. Use them for washing, dressing, bathing, massage.
This will not only amuse the child, but also make any activity interesting and enjoyable, even if the child is not burning with the desire to wash or be dressed. The same funny things can be used in finger games. Good old forty white-sided, “hands” – it's not just a massage of the fingers and the development of tactile perception.
This is also the first game in which the baby to the half of the year will play itself, immediately, as will hear the familiar poem.
This is one more game that will help to diversify the wakefulness – body parts. Touch the legs, handles, tummy, back, baby's head, calling them by their own names. This game is appropriate to do during a massage or children's gymnastics. And the procedures will be more fun, and the baby will get new information, even if you don't notice it now.
Hygiene is important for the baby, it is one of the most important methods of preventing various sore spots and skin rashes. The main measures for the purity of the child include:
- Washing. This is a mandatory morning procedure, during which the face and especially the eyes of the child should be wiped with a cotton pad or sponge soaked in boiled water.
- Washing. It is desirable to perform this procedure as often as possible, if necessary. A child can be washed under warm running water at 4 months of age.
- Bathing. This event is usually held in the evening, before the last meal and bedtime. You don't have to boil water anymore if the baby doesn't have any skin problems. In cases of rash, you can add decoction sequences or chamomile to the bath. The water itself should be a little warm, pleasant. In the hot season, it is possible to bathe the baby a couple of times a day.
Besides the cleanliness, hygienic procedures also have the character of hardening. That's why it is desirable for babies to bathe not in warm or hot, but in slightly warm or even pleasantly cool water.
This trains the baby's thermal management system, which should respond to changes in ambient temperature.
Bathing and washing of the baby is desirable to subordinate to the general regime of the day.
With wash-out it will not work, because “accidents” can happen suddenly, and it is necessary to react to them without delay.
Daytime disorders in babies
There are usually no changes in the rhythm of their lives. But there are factors that can shift the schedule, whether you and your child want it or not:
- Long-distance travel;
- Time zone change;
- discomforting sensations from colic or constipation;
- Spanish guests.
To break the usual schedule, in fact, anything can happen. If the baby ate at a bad time, he'll sleep too. He woke up early, the feeding would shift. Came out of eating because of the same disease – he'll be hungry later. I'm not asleep now because somebody's come, go and sleep mode.
Anyway, it's important for mom to try to keep the rest of the chart as much as possible.
At least the evening sleepwalking ritual can be observed, even if the whole day has gone wrong. Whatever happens, even if you're sick, try to follow the plan worked out for the day.
If you're sick, your baby will be back on track immediately on recovery, and if the shift is due to a less significant event, within the next couple of days.
Other one thing that disrupts the usual order of things is the milk problem for your mother. If it is smaller and you wonder how to increase lactation, the first advice is to apply the baby frequently to the chest. But this is a necessary measure until the normal volume of milk is restored, the feeding schedule and, accordingly, all other activities will have certain features.
In the custom mode
Sometimes it happens that kids don't obey any laws at all, including confusing day and night. The boy is in his own mode.
This can happen if the crumb did not sleep in the dark, but from the soul took a nap during the day. In this case, even the evening ritual will not work – the child will still be active.
Mom will have to endure and play with the baby. By 1:00 or 2:00 a.m., he'll be asleep anyway.
The only real inconvenience is the next day. It is important to keep the child awake more than scheduled, and this is associated with some effort, great perseverance and patience – the child will definitely be against it. But if you don't follow all the necessary measures during the day, the situation will happen again.
Child's Day mode at 4 months – video
In this video, the young mother details what she does with her child, in what order and at what time. This mode can be used as a reference to make your own, comfortable for both you and your baby.
Child's day mode at 4 months is an important part of the life of the whole family, not just the child. The child's comfort depends on how clearly you organize it and how you will adhere to it, and so does yours.
Yes, the development of graphics requires some effort on your part and is necessarily guided by the needs and interests of the karapuzah.
But a clear order ultimately simplifies the life of parents and makes it easier and more understandable for the child when he knows what is going on and in what order.
Example mode of a child's day at 4 months
The four-month-old's daily routine still consists of feeding, sleeping, playing, massaging, hygienic procedures and developmental exercises, but the duration of these steps varies considerably.
- 6:00-8:00 – lifting, washing, diaper replacement, gymnastics, air baths and first meal.
- 8:00-10:00 – morning sleep.
- 10:00-12:00 – massage, developmental exercises and games, second feeding.
- 12:00-14:00 – outdoor sleep.
- 14:00-16:00 – third feeding, acquaintance with surrounding objects, developing games, communication.
- 16:00-18:00 – sleep, walk.
- 18:00-21:00 – games, communication, bathing, fourth feeding.
- 21:00-22:00 – hygienic procedures, preparation for night sleep.
- 22:30-23:00 – the fifth feeding.
- 23:00-6:00 is a night's sleep.
Few people are able to strictly adhere to the day mode, and this is not necessary. It is important that the child's individual requirements and preferences are prioritized and adjusted to them. Each family will have its own adjustments and amendments. The daily routine should be comfortable for the child, not for his or her parents. But still some important things must remain the same in the daytime mode:
- Intervals between feeds must be at least 4 hours;
- Daily sleep in total must be about 6 hours.
Child's 4-month meal
From the previous month, the baby should now eat 5 times a day instead of 6 times a day. Feeding methods are chosen taking into account the individual characteristics of the baby, indicators of its development and the capabilities of the mother. It can be breastfeeding, artificial or mixed.
The baby is a 4-month-old baby that does not need additional feeding. It lacks nutritious breast milk, whose consumption has increased markedly. That's why there's one less meal to feed. A grown baby can now be fed for an extended period of time.
Fed children also eat about 200 milliliters of formula five times a day at a time. The daily rate should be approximately 1 litre. From this month, babies gradually move to replace a single formula feeding with a liquid porridge, kefir cheese or vegetable puree.
Before you completely switch to a complete supplement, you need to choose a product that will please the child. The new product should be introduced with one teaspoon per day.
After about a week and a half, the volume of one serving should be about 150 milliliters.
As soon as the crumb is happy to eat so much new food, it is possible to safely replace one milk feeder per day with a complementary one.
Mixed feeding is used by mothers who do not produce enough breast milk. They feed their babies and breastmilk and infant formula.
These babies also need to be fed gradually.
As a result, the daily rate for a four-month-old baby on mixed formula feeding is 500 milliliters of breast milk, 400 milliliters of infant formula, and 150 milliliters of complementary formula.
Four months' sleep is about sixteen hours a day, but the duration of night sleep increases due to the longer waking hours during the day. Ideal is a ten-hour night's sleep and a six-hour sleep during the day (3 times about 2 hours each).
Not every kid sticks to this type of sleep. More active children can sleep once or twice a day, and some still need four days' sleep. Some wake up at night every 3 hours, while others sleep for 8-10 hours in a row.
Already at the age of 4 months, you can recognize the small “owls” and “larks”.
Each mother has to create individual conditions for her baby, but the sleep must alternate with the period of activity.
The quality and duration of sleep will determine the mood of the child, his appetite and desire to communicate and play. If the baby does not sleep well at night, it makes sense to put him/her to bed a little later.
You have to show all your ingenuity to keep the baby awake early. But when he's finally tired, he'll sleep tight all night.
Wake up time – about 8 hours a day. If you subtract the duration of the hygienic procedures and feeding, there is still enough time to do various developmental exercises and games with your baby.
Very informative for a crumb to make a trip through all the rooms in the house or apartment. During such excursions, be sure to linger by the items, give your child the opportunity to remember them, touch them or listen to them.
Sitting in adults' arms, the child will accumulate vocabulary in his or her memory at each such round. He'll remember the names of the items. This can be checked when you ask “Where are the clocks?” or the like, when you take another walk like this, the kid will look for what he or she has been asked for.
Tactile sensations can be developed with bright toys made of different materials (e.g. soft toys made of fabric, a wooden horse, a rough ball, a smooth cube and others). The colors on the objects should be bright, not mixed, with clear boundaries between two or three colors. The child should touch all the holes or knobs that are on the objects