Is it okay to bathe the baby in chickenpox? All about bathing children with chicken pox
Can I bath children with chicken pox and on what day
Sections: Children 31.01.2018 -: 1 – On reading: 5 min – Views:
Maybe to bathe children in chickenpox depends on the form and severity of the disease, the extent of the rash and the duration of the disease.
It should be remembered that chickenpox in the child runs for more than 10 days, during which it is unreasonable to refuse water procedures. Showers and pimples are possible, but with some reservations.
Instead of soap, it is best to use herbal potions and infusions that have a soothing effect.
Kupanie in chickenpox: Use
Washing the body and head of the child is necessary for the following reasons:
- During the illness there is a fever that causes sweating, and therefore, the sebaceous glands are blocked.
- The small patient suffers from severe itching, which only gets worse with dirt on the skin.
- The virus spreads rapidly over the skin if it contains pathogenic microorganisms that increase when not bathing.
- Disengagement from a shower or bath is the first step towards other diseases and pathological conditions.
Bathing a small child with chickenpox is not only possible, but also necessary!
How to wash properly in chickenpox for children
Water treatment rules:
- Because during the period of illness they refuse to use the usual body wash and shampoo as they dry out the child's skin.
- The duration of the water treatment is limited. The shower is taken from 5 to 6 times a day for 1-2 minutes (with a slight head of water).
- We don't want to rub the skin of the baby with a sponge, because it leads to damage to rashes with the further formation of scars.
- After the bath or shower the skin is not rubbed with a towel. In order to remove moisture from the body, it is gently soaked with a soft cloth.
- In the first 2 days of chickenpox the child does not bathe, because at this time there is a high fever and there is active reproduction of the virus.
- After the end of the water treatment, the baby's skin is treated with a special treatment for wind rash.
- The head is washed separately from the body with warm but not hot water (the temperature of the head is 36-37 degrees Celsius for a child up to one year).
It's important to remember:
- the baby needs to be washed every day;
- to wash his or her hair, to use shampoo better, to choose tar soap;
- the temperature of the water where the baby can bathe in chickenpox should be comfortable;
- in the water often add vegetable decoctions or pale pink manganese solution
- mucous membranes, which have a wind turbine rash, it is recommended to wipe with strong decoction or chamomile infusion
- from the shower or bath should be abandoned in case of fever or severe weakening of the body.
Bath with a manganese bath
The baby is allowed to swim in the sea or in the river, and should be protected from the heat of the sun and try not to go out towards healthy people.
When it is possible to wash a small child after chickenpox
The normal water procedures are allowed 4-5 days after the disappearance of the signs of the disease. This precautionary measure is based on the fact that a new outbreak of infection may occur against the background of imaginary “well-being”.
To remove the green from the treated areas, you can take advantage of the following advice: the skin to dissolve in hot water, and then clean it with soap and water. It's even better to replace the green diamond with a modern, colourless ointment at once.
How to wash with herbs
To get rid of itching and improve the condition of your baby, you can bathe him in a bath with natural components (alternating, chamomile). Recipes of compositions which are necessary to be added in water at a windmill rash:
- 60 g of a vegetative celandine steam up 1 l of boiling water. Insist and add to the bath to remove the itchy skin.
- Eucalyptus and sage leaves are poured with boiling water, insist for 60 minutes. The composition is poured into the water or treated with pimples.
- 100-150 g of oak bark pour 1 liter of boiling water, for 10 minutes is placed on a water bath, passed through a sieve and added to the bath.
- 200 g yarrow grasses steam 5 liters of water, leave for 3 hours, pour into the water.
- 2-3 tbsp. chamomile flowers and marigold herbs pour 1 liter of water, placed on a small fire for 10-15 minutes, passed through a sieve, added to the bath with 5-6 drops of fir oil.
These recipes can be used for bathing a child during and after chicken pox, ie when the crusts are already gone. Duration of water procedures is 5-15 minutes, multiplicity – 1-2 times a day.
How to wash out the body after chickenpox correctly
If no water treatment has been performed during the illness, the first bath after it should be careful. It's important to disinfect dried crust while washing. For this purpose manganese solution of pale pink color is used. Using a more concentrated medium will cause burns.
Bathing is carried out in warm water (not in hot water, because it will lead to the evaporation of crusts, their separation from the skin and the formation of scars). Wet sponges and detergents are not used until the skin is completely cleansed of crusts. Soap is used to remove greenery.
Maybe in the sauna, swimming pool, at sea with chickenpox
Washing children in the sauna during illness is not allowed, as it will lead to burns, pigment spots and other skin damage. The ban is removed 2-3 weeks after the final recovery.
Bathing in the sea with chickenpox is possible. Sea water has a beneficial effect on the skin and has an antiseptic effect, but there is a risk of infection in open wounds.
With a visit to the pool during chickenpox it is better to delay, as you can infect other people.
How long after the disease can you go back to swimming depends on the severity of the disease, the extent of rashes and the overall condition of the child. In any case, it is necessary to ask the permission of the doctor.
Most often, children return to sports only one month after recovery, which is explained by the temporary decrease in immunity and the likelihood of catching an acute respiratory infection.
Bathing the child with chicken pox can be done, but only by following the rules to prevent damage to the skin. Starting normal water procedures is allowed immediately after the disappearance of symptoms (including skin symptoms).
Can I bathe my child with chicken pox: 8 tips from a pediatrician
The chicken pox is called the disease because of the high infectivity (volatility) of the virus, which can be said to be transmitted by the wind. The main distinguishing feature of the infection is the specific chickenpox rash, the appearance of which is accompanied by a rise in temperature and intolerable itching. All this, and especially the itchiness, makes the child very uncomfortable.
It is unlikely that the crumb will be able to hold on and not scratch the itchy rash. Calculations on the skin are perfect conditions for pathogenic bacteria that cause pustular diseases. That is why hygiene must be given special attention. Many mothers and fathers who understand the importance of hygienic procedures wonder if it is possible to swim in chickenpox.
It depends on the course of the illness and the baby's health.
When is swimming allowed?
Treatment of chickenpox mainly local. It consists in treating all elements of the rash with antiseptics, only in heavy currents are antiviral drugs prescribed. As for the question of bathing, the opinion of doctors here is divided.
Pediatricians did not allow mothers to bathe children who are sick with chicken pox until the last crust disappears. Doctors believed that bathing or showering contributes to the spread and increase of the rash, as well as to the deterioration of the overall condition of the child.
But because science does not stand still, today the effects of the virus on the body and the mechanism of chickenpox development are studied in more detail.
So it is safe to say that bathing a child is possible, and even useful, under certain conditions, although some old-school doctors still prohibit bathing.
And European physicians recommend short-term water procedures for chickenpox patients several times a day, considering that they have a positive effect on the course of the disease.
Practically every child loves to bathe and the lack of water procedures for 7-10 days as long as the rash lasts, deprives them of the positive emotions they lack during their illness.
Bathing reduces itching, soothes, dries out the rash and improves the child's well-being. If chicken pox leaks without complications, and there is no temperature, it will only be for the benefit of the patient.
To avoid any harm to bathing, it is necessary to follow a few simple rules:
- Prepare potions of herbs with antiseptic, soothing, drying and itching effect (chamomile, oak bark, succession). Add it to the water while bathing. In the absence of medicinal herbs, a manganese solution is good for this purpose.
- For the bathing of babies, older children can be bathed under the shower.
- Do not make the water hot. You shouldn't steam the baby. Water should be pleasantly warm to wash away sweat, make it it itchy and cheer you up.
- Don't get carried away and don't take too long to swim. Five to ten minutes is gonna be enough. But you can wash several times a day (3 – 4).
- Nelsius to rub the elements of the rash with a sponge or sponge. Their damage can lead to infection, and after the crusts are removed by force, the skin may remain scarred.
- As a detergent is best suited to conventional baby soap. They can wash the child up to 2 times during the entire period of illness. For all other baths, use only water.
- For the rest of the baths, dry your baby's skin thoroughly and gently with a soft towel or diaper, which should be changed after each bath.
- After the skin has dried completely, treat each stain, bubble and crust with antiseptic (green, fuccine, 5% manganese solution). Wear clean underwear.
It is important! To prevent the child from getting infected during the brushing, briefly trim the nails. You should also wash your hands more often than usual.
These are easy rules to follow to keep your body clean and watery, minimizing the risk of infection.
Bathe the way you like to bathe with your favorite sponges, gel and bath foam when no crust is left. Just don't overdo it. You shouldn't take too long to splash. The body hasn't fully recovered yet, and the immune system is weakened by the disease.
When is chickenpox contraindicated?
Although chickenpox baths reduce itching, some children are still not recommended to bathe in order not to worsen the course of the disease.
Bathing is prohibited:
- When the temperature is high. Even a slight increase is contraindication.
- In the presence of purulent rashes.
- In the case of severe chicken pox and complications.
Practically, almost every child has a high fever during the first two days of illness. At this point, the child should be in bed and should not be washed, of course.
If the fever persists throughout the illness, you should refrain from bathing until healing. In this case, you can only wipe your baby with a soft, damp cloth.
Completely bathe when the disease retreats and the temperature normalizes.
Wash your baby daily, even if bathing is prohibited.
With chicken pox rashes are all over the body and often appear in the genital area, and in the absence of hygiene skin and mucous membranes are irritated and inflamed.
To prevent this from happening, wash your baby with chamomile broths or oak bark every day. They reduce itching, relieve irritation, and disinfect, preventing inflammation.
Can I go to the sauna?
Swimming or bathing in chickenpox is possible. But it's better not to go to the bathhouse. Hot, humid air can aggravate the course of the disease and worsen the condition of the child.
Affected skin is easily traumatized by high temperatures, and the risk of infection and scarring increases significantly.
Therefore, bathing in a bath is only possible after the full restoration of the skin.
Can I swim in a river with chicken pox?
During the summer holidays, parents of babies with chicken pox ask if it is possible to swim in rivers, lakes and other open water bodies.
If the baby is not feverish and feels good, swimming will not hurt him. However, pediatricians do not allow visiting places with large crowds of people with chickenpox, as this disease is very contagious. And in the summer, the beach is always full of people. This is why responsible parents who do not want healthy children and adults who have not been sick in childhood to get infected will not take the sick child to the beach.
In addition, when there are a lot of rashes and the child is constantly itching, his skin is injured and there is a risk of additional infection and suppuration of rash elements. The purity of the water in our water bodies is, unfortunately, very questionable. Given this fact, pediatricians do not recommend bathing in them with chicken pox.
And it will be easier for a child and adult to carry chicken pox if:
- in the house (apartment) is not too hot. When you're very warm, sweaty and sweaty at home, which makes it it itchy
- Bedding and home wear are made of natural fabrics (cotton, linen). They let the skin breathe. Synthetics are annoying and just making it it itchy. Besides, it doesn't let in air, so the body sweats and the discomfort grows. Don't forget to change your laundry every day;
- to drink more. This helps to eliminate intoxication;
- in the presence of rashes in the mouth you should rinse your mouth as often as possible with a solution of chamomile or furacilin;
- to take antihistamines when itching becomes intolerable. The drug and dosage is selected by the doctor;
- to process the rash 3 – 4 times a day. In this way, it will dry up more quickly and will not become infected.
How chickenpox is flowing, Italian physicians first described it in the 16th century. And the cause of the disease was discovered only in 1958.
A child with chickenpox disease has the virus that is responsible for the disease, settling in the nerve cells, remains in the body for life. That is why 99% of the population is sick once in a lifetime, and only a small percentage of people (1%) fall ill again. A dormant virus in the body can activate and cause shingles if immunity is weakened.
Chicken pox vaccine has been around since 1994. In Russia, it became available only in 2009, but it was not included in the vaccination calendar. Developed countries (Japan, USA) have introduced the vaccine into the children's immunization program and have been successfully using it for more than 10 years. Japanese scientists have found out that immunity after vaccination is maintained for 10 to 20 years.
Bathing a child with chickenpox can and should be done if the child's condition allows it. Although most children have an easy time with the disease, there are still severe currents and complications.
If you have any doubts and don't know if you should bathe your baby, consult your doctor.
After examining the child and assessing his condition, he will decide on the bathing and you will know that you are doing the right thing, and water procedures will be beneficial, positively affecting the course of the disease.
Assessment of the article:
Can children wash themselves with chickenpox: doctor's advice
Chicken pox is cured in 10-12 days. You can't do without a bath all this time, especially if your baby is sick in the summer, in the heat. There are several opinions on whether to bathe a child in chickenpox. That's what we're gonna talk about.
When bathing is prohibited
Bathing orders are made by doctors of “old-school” type. In their opinion, the baths contribute to the softening of the bubbles on the body, and they should dry out. But this view is wrong.
Bubble fluid is a source of infection. The child brushes them and spreads the contagion over the skin. If you follow the rules of baths for children with chickenpox, the bacteria are washed off the body, the infection does not spread to healthy areas.
Few situations in which a full bath is prohibited:
- Does not allow the child to feel well. He's very sick, the temperature's elevated.
- There are pustules on the skin. Otherwise, bathing is good for kids and speeds up recovery.
When it is possible to bathe a child
- If there is no fever.
- The baby does not mind taking a bath.
- The disease runs without pustules, there are no secondary infections on the skin.
If the child is weakened, strongly against bathing, wait a few days. For 3-5 days after rashes, the disease goes down, the mood improves.
It is important! 1-2 days of the disease is not suitable for bathing in most cases. The baby is feverish, capricious, lying in bed, the disease is actively developing. These days it is enough to wipe it with a disposable wet cloth, wash it after the toilet, wash your face after eating.
On 3-5 days after the first rash, when the crust begins to form on the papules, you can fully bathe the child or take a light shower.
And here's what Dr. Komarowski thinks about it:
What is the use of bathing in chickenpox
Charity of water procedures in chickenpox is explained by the following objective reasons:
- Water washes away sweat, dirt. Skin cleanses, pores breathe. This has a positive effect on recovery.
- Stops the spread of infection. Bursting windmill bubbles should be washed away to remove the infectious liquid. After the bath, the skin is clean and the infection does not spread over the body.
- The itching stops. Constant itching of the skin keeps the child awake, he cries and worries. If you bathe him overnight, he'll sleep for a few hours.
- Elementary hygiene. Ignoring body cleanliness rules leads to other diseases. In the first days of sleep, when your baby is not feeling well enough to take a full bath, just wash the baby. It won't be superfluous.
How to take a bath correctly
Bathing rules for chicken pox are simple. Follow them, and water procedures will be not only pleasant, but also useful:
- Prepare herbal extracts, add them to the water. Use celandine, oak bark, calendula, chamomile. The infusion has a soothing, healing effect.
- Forget about soaps, shower gels, shampoos. It's better to wash with clean water and therapeutic additives. Cosmetics dry out the skin. Soaping the body with baby soap is not allowed.
- Not rubbing the body of a baby with a sponge. Hard brush, sponge peels crust off dried wounds, scars are formed. Wet and wipe the body with your palm with your shower.
- Wipe the baby with a diaper. Do not use a normal towel. It's tough for damaged skin. The diaper should be used to soak the body carefully so as not to damage the wounds.
- After the bath, apply medicinal ointments and treat new bubbles.
- If it's okay with the baby, bathe several times a day.
Bath time is 3-5 minutes.
It's important! When you have chickenpox, be sure to keep your hands clean. Wash them every hour. Especially if the baby itches. There are infectious bacteria on the fingers, palms, which are spread over the body.
Recommendations for parents
Pediatricians' and other parents' advice is helpful so that you don't make swimming mistakes or hurt your child:
- Temperature of the bathroom water shouldn't exceed 37°C.
- Blasses should be washed in boiled water, adding herbal infusions, a weak manganese solution.
- Children should rinse under the shower 3-5 times a day from year to year, use the herbal bath before going to bed.
- Do not allow the patient to stay in the water too long. 3-5 minutes is enough.
- For washing, use your hand.
- Don't wipe your baby's body dry.
- Like to wash your baby better after each visit to the toilet. On the genitals, near the anus, there may also be chickenpox rashes. If you do not keep clean in the intimate area, there is irritation, a secondary infection joins in.
- After the shower, put on clean linen, lubricate the papules with fuccorcin, green, healing ointments.
- Pouring on the mucous membrane, wipe with a soft sponge, cotton pad, soaking in chamomile decoction.
Important! If you decide to rinse the baby under the shower, watch the power of the jet. It should be soft, don't damage rashes that have already begun to dry out.
May I wash my hair
May I wash my hair? Be cautious, as chickenpox is accompanied by hyperthermia and it is forbidden to wash one's hair at elevated temperatures.
Rinse your baby's hair if he does not have fever, he feels well, and the treatment gives first positive results. Usually the period is 3-5 days after the appearance of windmill bubbles.
Wash your head separately from your body with warm water and tar soap, or better without cosmetics. Do not delay the procedure. Quickly soap your hair and rinse it out of the shower. You can rinse with chamomile broth, celandine. Wipe the head dry with a clean diaper and a soft towel. Do not soak your hair and body with a single napkin, send laundry to the wash.
Essential! After each bath, use clean towels, body washings. Boil dirty with soda, wash in a slightly chlorinated solution. Rinse well, steam after drying to prevent dangerous bacteria from remaining on the fabric. It'll speed up the skin's healing process.
Bathing after a cure
After chickenpox, the baby's skin remains in danger for a few more weeks. She's traumatized by her wounds, some daddy's turned into scars, maybe a little sick. Parents should pay attention to the process of bathing procedures and after a complete cure.
Bathe your baby every day, you can add medicinal herbs, infusions. Don't be in a hurry to use hard sponges, soap, shampoos. The skin after chicken pox is soft, dry. Use water or mild baby soap to wash your baby's butt, wash your baby's hands after the street.
Do not abuse baths, saunas. High air temperatures and high humidity in the steam room after chickenpox are contraindicated to children for another 2-3 weeks. If you live in a country house without a bathtub, wash your baby in a pelvis in a residential area. Do not heat water above 37-38 °C.
Bathing in a pond
Unexpected illness may catch you resting. It is worth remembering that bathing in a river, the sea in chickenpox can be harmful to the baby and others:
- Ospa is transmitted by air and saliva. Bathing in a pool with other children, playing on the beach, an infected baby infects others with the disease.
- Salty sea water relieves the itching, but can cause contamination of the dads. Swimming in open water is not a guarantee of complete safety for the child in case of skin diseases. There is a risk of secondary infections.
- Solar rays are contraindicated to a child's development of chickenpox. The baby should not be outdoors, in direct sunlight for 5-7 days after the first rashes. It is especially unsafe at high temperatures, pustules not tele.
Swim, relax outside the city, at sea – a great method of recovery for children of all ages. But for a kid with chickenpox, we need to take a break. It is allowed to swim and stay in public places 3-5 days after the last appearance of new papules on the skin. Until then, the baby is contagious to others and weakened.
What to clean up the green or fuccine
Other problem for moms is green and fuccine stains on the skin. They don't make a child uncomfortable, but they spoil his appearance. You want to get rid of them so that nothing reminds you of chicken pox.
Try to remove the spots by the following methods:
- Wash your baby in the bathroom, soap your hands, get foamy. Apply foam to the child's skin and lightly rub the stains. The procedure will have to be repeated 3-4 times within a few days.
- Limon juice. Squeeze a couple of drops of citrus fruit, apply to a cotton pad and rub healed wounds stained with medicine. Remember that lemon dries the skin very strongly.
- Toothpaste. The whitening effect of the paste will be useful for cleaning stains. Mix it with milk, treat the painted areas. After that, it is necessary to rinse well with water the dried spots so that the paste does not remain on the body, otherwise the skin will dry up strongly.
- Salicyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide. It is put on a cotton disk in small quantities. Do not rub hard to avoid damaging the delicate skin.
- Oils. Olive, sunflower, olive. It's soft but safe.
The amount of time it takes to get your baby to look good for mom and dad depends on the number of stains and the intuality of the medicine. If you don't want to torture your child by rubbing stains, use colourless medication to treat them. This is Calamine, salicylic alcohol, Phoenistyl.
This way, bathing for kids with chicken pox is definitely a useful procedure. After the bath, babies feel better, they do not want to scratch, capricious. Water relieves itching and washes away harmful bacteria, helps cure skin disease. Use this way to help your baby leave your home quickly and discreetly.
Essential! *When copying the article, be sure to provide an active link to the original source: https://razvitie-vospitanie.ru/zdorovie/mozhno_li_kupat_rebenka_pri_vetryanke