Treatment of enterobiasis in children, drugs and folk remedies
Enterobiasis – treatment with folk remedies in children
Helmintose or worm invasion is a disease caused by parasitic worms. There are many different types of worms in the environment, so everyone has had a problem with it.
Infection can occur in the process of eating poorly washed products as well as in communication with the media.
Therefore, it is important to know what enterobiasis is, how and how to treat the pathology, what folk remedies will be useful in enterobiasis and how much you need to take.
Signs and causes of enterobiasis
Cause of enterobiasis is a pinnacle. A parasitic worm settles in the blind intestine, appendix, without causing any inconvenience to the carrier for a very long time. Therefore, it is difficult to diagnose an enterobiasis infection, especially at the beginning. As the parasite grows, the host shows the following symptoms:
- Appetite building;
- Slight weight loss;
- Powerful irritability;
- Skin rashes and other allergic reactions;
- Tarnish in the anal zone.
The last sign is an explicit indication of a parasite. Itching is caused by the life cycle of a parasite. Female pinworms lay eggs outside when the anus tone drops. Eggs attached to the skin worms cause itching, restless sleep. Sometimes the symptom disappears, but after a while the itching will appear again due to a strong infection of the host with worms.
Diagnosis of the disease is carried out on the basis of faeces or anal scrap. Transmission routes:
Primarily children under 14 years of age suffer from enterobiasis, but pinworms can also occur in adults.
Treatment of Enterobiasis with Folk Medicines
Thus, as most medications are highly toxic, contraindicated during pregnancy, lactation, and can cause allergic reactions, side effects.
Therefore, it is worth considering alternatives and defeating Enterobiasis. Treatment with folk remedies is the use of decoctions of herbs, infusions, vegetables, root vegetables.
Two options apply at home:
- drinking natural products.
Council! To prevent dead helminths from poisoning the body, any method of treatment of enterobiasis should be combined with laxatives.
Mentioning the recipes for enterobiasis, it is important to remember that any self-treatment is dangerous for the health of the patient. Alternative therapies should be taken after consultation with the doctor, for prevention or as a supplement to basic therapy.
Pizhma flowers are good wormwood to help children and adults. To prepare the infusion you need to take 1 tbsp. dry flowers, add 1 tbsp. of warm water and cook on low heat for no more than 1.5-2 minutes. Decoction, drink 0.5 hours before eating 2 tbsp for 4 days. After 14 days, you can repeat the treatment.
Marsh landfill grass
Bitter landfill grass is one of the best natural drugs against enterobiasis. The therapy should be started with small doses, gradually increasing the volume of broth. Care should be taken with wormwood flowers and grass when prone to allergies. Preparation of broth:
- 1 tbsp dry grass to grind;
- Please 300 ml of boiling water;
- Wrap or pour into the thermos;
- Paste at least 10-15 minutes.
To drink for 4 days twice a day for 2 tbsp: on an empty stomach after sleep and before bedtime. Can be replaced by chewing wormwood flowers, bitterness to drink water.
Onion and garlic
Onion and garlic with garlic not only poison the formed parasites, but also successfully eliminate toxins and itching. Vegetables that have a high irritant effect should be carefully taken in patients with gastrointestinal and kidney problems. Recipes:
- Garlic to pass through the press, 2 ths. l. Pour 1 tbsp. of warm milk and boil for 3-4 minutes. Take a drink on an empty stomach for a week.
- Equal proportions of garlic porridge and water mix, take 1 tbsp for 3 days before bedtime, drinking plenty of water. Take a break for a week and repeat the course of therapy.
- On 2 large cloves of garlic (pressed) take 2/3 of the article milk, boil together for 2 minutes. Cool it down, drain it and make an enema. Half the norm is for kids. Put the enema overnight for 7 days.
- 100 g. finely sliced onions mixed with 50 ml of vegetable oil and 1 tsp of salt. Accept the full amount of the mixture overnight. Course of treatment 5 days.
- Big head of onions cut into 4 parts and pour from the evening 1 tbsp. boiled water. The next morning, he's an empty stomach. Treatment for 7 days.
Tip! Garlic cloves, eaten every day, significantly reduces the risk of helminthiasis.
Enterobiosis can be treated with freshly squeezed beet juice. Up to 0.5 tbsp. of the drink is squeezed out at one time (on an empty stomach). Drink small sips, you can eat in 35-40 minutes.
Tip! Beet juice is left in the refrigerator for several hours to evaporate harmful toxic compounds. You can't drink freshly squeezed beet juice.
Celery juice in the morning in the amount of 0.5 tbsp will etch the pinworms in the morning for 14 days.
May be made from pumpkin raw seeds. Grind 100 grams of seeds into porridge, pour 100 ml of vegetable (olive) oil and take 1 tbsp on an empty stomach for 3 days. We can eat in three hours. Course of treatment repeated after 3 days 4-5 times.
Helminthiasis can be treated by collecting bitter herbs. Mix wormwood, gentian, chamomile, pharmacy and crumble bark in equal proportions. Boil everything with boiling water 1:3 and let it stand for about 3-4 hours. Drink twice a day before meals for three days. Course of treatment for at least 5 days. After 6-7 days, repeat the therapy.
Vazhno! Collections of herbs are sold at the pharmacy. It's extremely cautious to take the product in patients prone to allergies.
Prophylaxis of Enterobiasis
Prophylaxis of Enterobiasis with folk remedies won't work if you don't follow the rules of hygiene, which is the main requirement of disease prevention. Pinwort products are highly toxic, so it is important to take all protective measures:
- Wet cleaning of all surfaces, disinfection of floors, walls, windows and door covers;
- This is where the eggs of worms accumulate, especially if the child is combing itchy places;
- Laundry with strong chemicals and subsequent ironing of laundry, things;
- Disinfection of household and personal items of the carrier.
The eggs of pinworms in the external environment remain active for 21 days and may cause new infections of enterobiasis. Disease prevention does not completely eliminate the risk of infection. To avoid relapses, it is necessary to maintain personal hygiene, to accustom all relatives to it.
Importantly! Bitter herbs from enterobiosis also have contraindications. In particular, they should be taken with caution if the patient is under 12 years of age and is pregnant. For example, wormwood can lead to uterine hypertension and cause premature births. The substance entering the mother's milk can cause allergies in the baby.
Enterobiasis in children: all treatments for parasitic disease
Enterobiosis in children is a parasitic intestinal pathology caused by oysters. It's otherwise defined as a dirty hand disease. Every parent of a young child should know what enterobiasis is, because microscopic round worms are most often inhabited by babies under 2 years of age.
How the infection occurs
Animal enterobiasis does not infect children, as the helminthes only develop in the human body. You can get a crumb's disease because of friendship with a sick friend or through household items that he used. These can be toys and interior details, clothing and bed linen, dishes and even money.
The contact with objects covered with worm eggs causes them to remain in the hands and mouth, exposing the body to infection. Larvae hatch from eggs in the intestines and become adult parasites within 3 weeks. The formed individuals move between the parts of the path and remain in the large intestine for a month and a half, after which they die.
Clinical picture of enterobiasis
Activity of pinworms affects the nervous system, so the behavior and intellectual development of the child will change. The severity of symptoms of enterobiasis depends on the degree of invasion and individual perception of worms by the body.
Suspect enterobiasis in children by the following signs:
- complaints of abdominal pain and headaches;
- popular but decorated chair;
- disturbance of sleep associated with severe itching of the anus;
- not passing discomfort in the area of the anus;
- on the skin there are combs and redness due to the fact that the baby “constantly itches the butt” (in his words).
Symptoms of enterobiasis in children under 1 year of age are manifested by behavioural changes and unjustified allergic rashes. The tiny one is constantly spinning, restlessly sleeping and rushing the handles to the crotch as soon as it remains naked. Discomfort in the intimate zone forces him to comb the skin.
Children's Pinworm Diagnosis
Children's Enterobiasis h3>
Children's Enterobiasis is detected by Pinworm analysis. False helminth eggs in defecation products are rarely attributed to the study, as only 5% of patients have helminth eggs in defecation products. To confirm the diagnosis from the back of the baby take a scrape or swab. The collection procedure is carried out at home or in the laboratory.
Material is collected in the morning before emptying without any hygienic measures and handed in 3 times a day. Why not three days in a row? Because worms don't lay eggs all the time. It is especially effective to swab oysters as soon as a child complains of evening/night discomfort in the back.
How to properly collect oyster eggs? Komarowski and other practitioners make the following recommendations:
- Through the adhesive tape to put in the back at night or in the morning. The helminth eggs will stick to the scotch. It is then placed on the glass and carried by a lab technician.
- The cotton swab is then irrigated with water and carefully but gently rolled along the anus. The instrument is placed in a sterile container and handed over for examination.
Problems for the treatment of children's enterobiasis
Interobiasis in infants and children under 5 years of age can be treated without pills, performing only hygienic procedures. Non-drug treatment is effective for children with intolerance to anti-white agents. The oysters are expelled for a longer period of time, but the body does not receive chemistry.
The main principles of the conservative approach are:
- daily bathing and washing of a child with soap 2 p. 24 hours;
- development of a habit of washing hands after visiting toilets and public places, streets;
- termination of attempts to suck fingers and bite nails;
- Daily change of linen and bedding (steaming of things with iron is obligatory);
- night setting of soda enemas. The solution is prepared from a glass of water and 0.5 hours of sodium bicarbonate. Itching is otherwise prevented by applying a cotton swab soaked in Vaseline to the anus. The substance will prevent the spread of helminthes.
Treatment of Enterobiasis with tablets
The removal of worms with medication increases the chance of rapid death of parasites. Pediatricians and infectious diseases specialists prescribe medicines for children against pinworms such as:
- Albendazole to babies.
- Nemozole – children of the first 2 years of life are given a suspension once a day in the amount of 10 ml. From the 3rd year of life, the product is prescribed a single dose of 20 ml.
- Pyrantel – the dose is calculated according to the formula 10 mg/ 1 kg of weight. The drug is produced in tablet and liquid form (syrup).
- Vermox – to crumbs under 2 years old, the drug is not prescribed. Older babies are given 1 tablet once.
Two courses of treatment are given at 14-day intervals. Anti-white agents “kill” parasites, but they stay in the intestines. In order to speed up their excretion, babies are additionally assigned Smekta, Polyfepan, Lactofilterum.
Complex treatment of children for enterobiasis is schematic:
- for the first 3 days – Lactofiltrum sorbent;
- for the 4th day – purification enema;
- for the 5th day – antihelminthic agent Nemozole;
- 6 day – again enema.
Reat treatment after 2 weeks. After another 7 days, you get a control smear for enterobiosis.
What folk medicine offers
Treat children from enterobiasis with folk remedies, some experts do not advise, considering them ineffective in relation to ostriches.
Nevertheless, before the invention of modern medicines people successfully coped with helminths, using food and herbs. What will be more effective in case of oysters infestation of your child, it is up to the doctor to decide.
If the doctor deems it necessary, he will prescribe the use of a folk prescription as an auxiliary treatment.
- Garlic enema. The infusion for manipulation is prepared from garlic porridge, obtained from 2 vegetable slices, and 250 ml of warm water. The enemas are put to bed for a week.
- Pumpkin seed broth. Prepared from 100 g of shredded product by 20 minutes of cooking in half a liter of water. The fluid is given to the baby on an empty stomach in the morning. Treatment with decoction is carried out 7 days in a row.
- Mixture of pumpkin seeds and olive oil. The product is made of cleaned and powdered raw materials (100 g) and 100 ml of oil. The masses are fed to the child in the morning in small amounts and on an empty stomach. Normal food is served in three hours. There are 3 days for treatment.
- Soley infusion. 1 tsp bitter grass insist on 0.5 liters of water at room temperature. After 4 hours, the product will be filtered and given to the baby three times a day before a meal at a dosage of 15 ml.
Treatment of children in connection with enterobiasis is conservative and medication. Oyster medication is prescribed for two weeks. After another 14 days, the treatment is repeated and scraped.
Prophylactic measures against enterobiasis
Reducing the risk of secondary self-infection with spikes is a simple prevention. It begins with a thorough hand wash with soap before meals and after a visit to the toilet. Parents should wean their baby to drag different objects and hands into their mouths, chew nails (plates should be cut in time).
Pants baby should be changed in the morning and before night's sleep. Preventive laundry washing is done in hot water. The treatment is completed by ironing with an iron. Powder doesn't destroy helminth eggs, and an ironing device can do it.
For the health of children and adults, it is recommended to clean the rooms with disinfectant every day. At the end of operation, the cloth should be boiled over. Parents should also take antibiotics while their baby is being treated.
Notice of these measures makes the treatment of enterobiasis useless. The risk of enterobiasis redevelopment is always high.
Comment our specialist
- Complications of enterobiasis usually does not give rise to any difficulties, but pinworms can move into the sexual pathway of girls and create new discomfort. Mothers may be suspected of having problems with panty discharge.
- The need to get rid of the pinworms is due to the fact that worms worsen intestinal motility and secretion. Invasions cause inflammation of the digestive system, gastritis, enteritis, gastroduodenitis.
Enterobiasis is a disease and needs to be cured
How to effectively eliminate pinworms in a child's home – All human parasites: danger, symptoms and forms
Enterobiosis is not uncommon in preschool and primary school children. It's a parasitic disease caused by white worms and pinworms. How do you get the oysters out of the kids' house? The first question that comes to mind is that of parents whose children have become infected with enterobiasis. To answer that, you have to deal with the causes of the disease.
What are oysters in children
Enterobius vermicularis is a species of oysterica worms. They parasitize in the human digestive tract. Some time after the infection with oysters, the baby begins to itch its anus. Itching occurs at night when oysters come out of the lumen of the intestine and lay eggs.
The initial infection of a child with oysters occurs in two ways:
Enterobiasis-infected children scratch the anus area, the eggs of the parasite fall under the fingernails, on the skin of the fingers.
If the child eats with unwashed hands or just sticks his fingers in his mouth, he reinfects himself again. Hand-to-hand infection also goes to household items.
A baby can get enterobiasis from other children in kindergarten, school, touching pets or street animals, eating dirty fruits or vegetables.
Symptoms of enterobiasis in children
If personal hygiene rules are observed and the number of worms is small, the child feels only a slight itchiness.
In the first days after infection, when adults are not yet ready to lay eggs, it is difficult to diagnose the disease.
Later on, the symptoms of enterobiasis are pronounced with severe worm invasion and persistent self-infection. Ostritzes can be seen in the baby's faeces. Also, ostrich infestation has indirect signs:
- sleepless or insomnia;
- decreased appetite with nausea;
- Enhancing appetite with abundant salivation;
- stomach discomfort;
- intestinal dysbacteriosis;
- constipation or diarrhoea;
- headings, loss of strength;
- pallor, blue circles under the eyes;
- in girls – urinary incontinence;
- dermatitis (in case of prolonged infection).
Toxins that release pinworms have a negative effect on the nervous system. The child becomes capricious without reason, irritable. If the disease is not noticed in time, the baby regularly infects itself. The number of parasite colonies is increasing. It's a dangerous state of complication.
Find out more about the causes of infection
Enterobiasis is often referred to as “dirty hand” disease. That's fair enough. The most common causes of parasites are:
- Untimely hand hygiene. Wash your hands regularly after a toilet, a walk, before eating, etc.
- Wrong hygiene in the back area.
Bath your baby and change underwear every day.
- Kontacts with pets and street animals. Eggs of pinworms may be in animal wool.
- Eating poorly washed vegetables, fruits, herbs.
Ostriches outside the human body do not live long, but to get rid of this disease, you have to destroy their eggs.
For the detection of enterobiasis, scrapes are made. Kindergartens and schools periodically carry out this procedure to prevent illness. Smears are taken in the morning before defecation. Hygiene procedures must not be carried out before taking the material. The smear is examined for helminthes.
Popular article: Medicines to kill ascarids in children
Negative test results do not provide an accurate guarantee that there is no infection. It is advisable to bring the child to the hospital right after the night, when he slept badly, complained of itching. Do not wash your child before taking the scrapbook in the morning.
Also for a complete picture, you need to take a blood test. Elevated eosinophilic levels indicate severe worm invasion and prolonged infection.
Treatment of enterobiasis in children
Treatment of pinworms in children is carried out with the help of traditional and folk medicine.
For the traditional treatment of enterobiasis in children, the following pharmaceuticals are prescribed:
- Anti-Helminant drugs (Piperazine, Pyrantel, Vormil, Helmintox, Levamizole, Nemazole). The course of medication is repeated in two weeks. This is due to the fact that the drugs only kill adult oysters, not their eggs.
So that as the eggs of parasites may remain in the intestines after the first stage of treatment, the therapeutic course is repeated twice.
- Laxatives. Laxative intake accelerates the excretion of parasites from the intestine.
- Sorbents (activated carbon, lactofiltrum). Eliminate toxins from the body.
- Antihistamines. Assigned when a worm invasion has caused an allergic reaction.
- For local use, zinc ointment can be used. The product can be bought at any pharmacy. It lubricates the anus area of the child before going to bed. The procedure is repeated for several days in a row. The ointment is used only in combination with enemas and decoctions.
Property care of a sick child accelerates the treatment process. It is important that the baby is on a diet during treatment. Soups, porridge, vegetables, fruits and herbs are included in the diet. You can't give anything that holds a chair together. Absolutely all residents of the apartment or house, must strictly observe the rules of personal hygiene.
People's oyster treatment
People's treatment with folk remedies is carried out after consultation with a doctor. In case of allergy symptoms after using the product, it is necessary to stop treatment and contact the hospital.
The simpler and more affordable treatment of pinworms in the child:
Pumpkin seeds contain substances that interfere with the life of worms. 100 grams of purified (it is better to buy raw seeds and clean them by hand) raw seeds are pushed and poured 100 ml of olive oil. The product is given to the child three hours before meals for three days. The course is repeated in two days.
Milk pumpkin seed
A single glass of milk has 15 pumpkin seeds. Give the baby a drink in the morning.
Method is contraindicated if the child has stomach problems. 2 garlic cloves to rub on a small grater and mix in equal proportions with water. Give the child a drink before going to bed.
The product is drunk with plenty of water. The course lasts 3 days, it is repeated in a week.
However, the use of this tool in practice can be difficult, because it is not easy to make a child drink garlic mixture.
100 grams of chopped onions are mixed with 50 ml of vegetable oil and a teaspoon of salt is added. Give the child a bedtime remedy within five days.
Prepare decoction of 10 g of shredded grass and 1 l of boiling water. The mixture is kept in a water bath for half an hour. Give a child two tablespoons of decoction half an hour before a meal.
Cleansing enemas with decoctions of herbs
For enemas that cleanse enemas, well-known medicinal plants are well suited.
Smart and pyjama
100 g of pyjama flowers are mixed with 50 g of chamomile flowers. Two tablespoons of herbs are poured with a glass of boiling water, insist on a water bath for three minutes and filtered through. Cold decoction makes a child three enemas, one in two days.
Cleanliness, wormwood and pyjamas
Mix 50g of celandine, wormwood and pyjama flowers each. 5 teaspoons of herbal mixture is poured in 0.5 liters of water and brewed in a water bath under the lid for 3-5 minutes. The decoction is given to stand for 10 minutes, then filtered. A child's enemas should be made with warm decoction after defecation. Procedures are carried out within 10 days, repeat the course after a week's break.
Klizmy cleanse the intestines, gradually removing parasites, and reduce the intensity of itching.
Beet and carrot juice
Soke can be used as a supplement. They cleanse the blood of toxins, speeding up the treatment process. The beets are squeezed and the juice is allowed to stay for about three hours in a cold place. Give the baby a cure before breakfast in the morning. Beet juice is mixed with carrot juice to improve taste.
Treat enterobiasis in a child with folk remedies, may be in case of contraindications to the use of antihelminthic drugs.
When folk remedies cannot be used
People's remedies can be safely used by children in the correct dosage, but there are a number of contraindications:
- allergy to the components of the remedy.
- gastritis, ulcer.
- Pulmonary colitis and Crohn's disease.
People with these diseases should be treated with great care and after obligatory consultation with the relevant specialists.
Prophylaxis of Enterobiasis with folk remedies
Enterobiasis is an insidious disease. People's means of prevention of infestation of children with oysters:
- Soda. Soda is a universal remedy for fighting parasites. It is possible to bathe the child in a bath with food soda, to wash with concentrated solution of soda.
In a bath it is possible to fill in beforehand prepared broth from a celandine, wormwood and oat straw. Three tablespoons of herbs are taken and brewed in a litre of water (3-5 minutes)