How to teach a child to read the syllables
How to teach a child to read the syllables at home
20 May, 2016
Modern children find it very difficult to read, know the words and letters at school by first grade. So you'll need to interest your baby by revealing a wonderful world of letters, syllables, and new expressions.
Learn vowels and consonants
The first thing you need to do to teach your child to read quickly and easily is to buy the right dictionary. The book you buy should explain to your child how letters are written in syllables and how to read syllables. Later on, the child will learn how to read whole sentences correctly.
Teach the child to read vowels and consonants effectively and very quickly, and start with a simple one. Learn with the little guy to be in charge, like “a,” “o,” “u,” “s.” , «э». Repeat these lessons until the child's learning is automated.
Next, enter the hard ringing consonants, such as “m” and “l”. Be sure to make sure that the sounds are clear, not “um” or “mae”, but only clear and precise “m”.
Next in the child's education will be read sounds deaf and hissing, it's g,w,k,d,t,etc.
Always fix and repeat with the baby material, so it's better to fix in the child's memory. Watch the tutorial videos with your child, repeat the lessons you've taken and very soon you'll be able to teach your child 6 years old to recognize whole words, read them quickly and correctly in syllables.
When your child is 6 years old and confident in recognizing sounds, you can take the next step by teaching him or her how to pronounce simple syllables correctly.
It is desirable that such lessons for the child should take place in a playful way. Make it look like a simple syllable like “ma”.
You have to teach your child that the letter “m” runs to the letter “a”, the sounds are spoken together and inseparably from each other.
When your child has the ability to pronounce sounds through the syllables, he or she will be able to speak quickly and correctly, you will be able to start giving him or her the ability to pronounce more complex syllables, such as “buzz,” “vee,” “do. Take a lesson on how to fix the material you have learned in a playful way. Watch the tutorial videos to help your child learn syllables quickly and easily.
When a child is able to read the syllables, start by giving them complex syllables that have a vowel in front of them. This will allow the child 6 years old to understand the syllable mechanism correctly, and later the child will be able to read words together quickly and easily.
How to teach the child to read syllables
Easy to teach a child to read the syllables and an interesting didactic game will help. You're gonna have to prepare a, b, c, d, n. Take the puppet dishes as well as the little chairs. What is the game:
- What is the game:
- Place the letter on the chairs, put a table in front of each chair and put cups from the dish set on the table.
- Tell the child that the letter “a” goes in turn to the tea with other letters.
- The game implies that you will say the syllable “ba” when the letter “a” comes to visit the letter “b”.
The game does not necessarily have to take the form of a tea party. Letters can ride on the typewriter, meet at the guests of soft toys and so on. In the story where the game will develop, focus on the interests of the child.
Didactic game will help to interest the child of 6 years old and lead him to read the word together.
Learn to read syllables and words quickly in the form of a game is the best option for kids, because there is no pressure on the toddler and the game is interesting for him.
Of course, the game should be ended immediately when you see that the child has lost interest. Switch the tiny one to something else, watch the tutorial video together, which will be useful for a tiny 6 year old.
When a baby 6 years old will be able to pronounce syllables correctly, you can start to let him read the first simple words such as “cat”, “cheese”, “smoke” and others. Make sure the baby says the words he reads separately. Your task is to teach the little one to read the words correctly at once.
To teach reading at home, you can print many letters and make up word variants for reading. You can use a magnetic board, with this toy you can come up with different training lessons, there are a lot of videos on the network. The main thing is that a cursory reading and learning is presented to the kid in a form of a game, then the lessons will be pleasant for the kid.
To teach the little one how to read too well for a child to pronounce syllables, there are 10 universal tips that all parents should use.
- Play with your child is the best and most important tip of the 10. Tiny should not take the activity as a duty, it should be easy and very pleasant fun, which will occupy the baby for some time.
- No violence during the training should be. If your baby doesn't want to do it, don't make him do it, otherwise you'll discourage him from learning. This is the second most important piece of advice from 10.
- Three is a very important piece of advice from 10 – teach the baby the correct pronunciation right away. He should know that the sound is pronounced “p” and not “re” or “er” in any way.
- Ask your little student to read and even learn syllables, not individual letters, so the learning process will be much easier.
- Repeat during the lessons is mandatory. Repeat everything you've been through before, so it's best to put the material into the baby's memory.
- Never look ahead and try to go from simple to complex. You can watch a variety of cartoon tutorials with a crumb, gradually increasing the level of difficulty.
- Teach not only at home at the table. Ask your baby to read the syllables on billboards or shop signs and in a bright magazine or newspaper.
- Train your baby to read aloud. Read to him yourself and ask the little one to read to you. Let the little one do 10 words in a minute, take your time. Let the baby sharpen his skills.
- Try reading with a bookmark. Cover the words you've already read with a postcard, so that it won't get confused and will focus on just one word you want to read.
- To do it regularly every day, avoid breaks, and don't throw in your readings. Offer your child a choice of reading a book, watching a video, or other activities that will help sharpen their reading skills.
These 10 tips will be very important for parents. These 10 tips will help parents to teach their child to read the alphabet or video. Keep them all in mind while you're learning, and you'll soon start to enjoy your baby's first successes.
We're learning to read. Reading lessons. Talking letters. Developmental cartoons for children
The step-by-step plan on how to teach a child to read the syllables at home
Today, a child should be prepared for the first grade. He must know not only the letters, but also the ability to read. Not all children go to pre-school institutions, and kindergartens do not teach literacy and letters everywhere. Therefore, parents often have to ask how to teach their child to read the syllables at home.
Many questions arise at once: where to start, what method to choose in order to be quick and effective. Ways to learn to read the syllables are so diverse that many moms and dads are simply lost. Let's try to sort this out in order.
Whether the child is ready to learn
Before starting the process itself, the child's psychological and physical readiness to learn should be considered. There are a few basic criteria you can use to determine which key to start with, so that learning does not turn your preschooler away from reading for life afterwards.
- If your child speaks freely in sentences and logically links phrases, it's time. See if your son or daughter understands what you've read.
- The important criterion is the ability to distinguish between sounds. Speech therapists call it a phonemic rumor. Like the flu, the soup, the tooth, the mouth, the genus. Does the child understand that these words have different meanings?
- The big problem on the way to learning can be the delay of speech or the incorrect pronunciation of some sounds: if the child does not pronounce sounds correctly, the help of a speech therapist is required. Don't expect the problem to go away by itself. Take your child to a specialist for training and attend them properly, and be sure to complete the tasks that the teacher gives you to consolidate the training material on your own. Delayed speech, stuttering – it is necessary to show the child to a neurologist and psychiatrist. In any case, there is a reason and you need to know.
You might be wondering how to teach children to talk – a detailed plan of action for parents
- Must teach your child where the left and right, top and bottom. This will help him navigate the text: from where to start reading the word, where the top line and where the bottom line is.
When to start learning to read
Many parents are so worried that their child won't have time to learn to read before school that they literally start to bother their child at almost 2 years old.
- In 3-4 years, it can be very uninteresting to sit over a book. And that's okay. There are different tasks for each age.
- If the child is almost 2 years old and knows Feta and Tyutchev by heart, it doesn't mean that it's time for you to go too. All children are so individual that the general recommendations remain, in any case, only general recommendations. Learn how to feel your child.
- In 5 or 6 years old, it's different. But if the child does not go to kindergarten or some classes for some reason, then start to teach him yourself. In an unobtrusive manner, learn to capitalize on the basic words “Mama”, “PAPA”, “HOUSE”, “CAT”, and your name. With minimal preparation, the child will be much easier to adapt in the first grade.
8 basic rules on how to teach your child to read the syllables at home
They will help you to orientate and understand what is basic and what is secondary. Now for more details.
- Begin small: gradually learn the letters and sounds during the walk. Draw a letter with a stick on the sand, then a syllable. You can do the same with twigs or pebbles. It will be interesting to learn to read the crumb, guessing familiar letters, and then the syllables on the signs. Show us that letters and words surround us everywhere. Set up a chair and a reading and writing table. Make sure there's the right lighting. Train your child to put away a notebook, pen or pencil gradually. You need a small shelf for books. Teach your baby to clean up after himself and be organized. All this has to be done in a relaxed way. At first, a crumb will be enough and 10 minutes a day.
- Read it yourself with pleasure. Develop a reading culture in the family. Discuss what you read with the child. Ask a smaller one questions: who is drawn in the picture? Who are we talking about in a fairy tale? When the child grows up, it is possible to ask more difficult questions: why did the hero of the fairy tale do it? And how would you do it in his place?
- The right thing to do is to start from simple words to more complex ones. Start with words where the syllables repeat themselves: Ma, Ma, Pa, Pa, Pa, Ba, Ba, Da, Da, Da. Then move on to the complicated ones: kosh ka, de – re – v, de – te, ve – ter.
- Buy a few explanatory textbooks: a primer (author N.S. S. Zhukova), Lyubimaya ABC (Irina Solnyshko), primers by N. Betenkova, V. Goretsky, v. Fonin, N. Pavlova, magnetic alphabet, cubes with letters. Draw vowels on the cards and place them all over the apartment. Gradually, the child will remember them all. Then change their places. Then do the same with the consonants.
- ABCs and alphabets require more perseverance, but also gradually teach the child not only the letters, but also the syllables. Associative thinking will help you learn the alphabet faster: the letter “A” is the album, “B” is the squirrel, “C” is the bicycle, and vivid pictures will help you to remember more quickly.
- Reat what you have already learned. If you're starting to learn, do it systematically. Otherwise, there will be no result. When in line or on the road, read a small book with your child. Time will pass more quickly, and even more importantly, do not force, nervously, or use violence. It's time for your childhood to be golden, don't forget that. You don't have to: if you want to, you want to do the same for your child.
The Gaming Video Ribbon teaches you the letters and helps you prepare for school. Together with it, the child will learn the letters and alphabetical order by performing some interesting and various lessons.
Major popular techniques
There are many different schools, individual and author techniques. Let's focus on some that are really capable of producing results.
- In contrast to traditional letters, this method allows you to master not only individual letters, but also combinations of consonants and vowels, individual letters, as well as the use of a soft and solid sign. 52.
- This is a total of 52.
- When playing the game, the child can not only make up different words, but also understand what deaf and ringing consonants are. The cubes with the images of consonant sounds are filled with woods, and with the images of ringing sounds – with metal details.
- As an application there are tables on which there are also syllables. The main rule is not to read, but to sing.
- The cubes differ in size: large ones with the image of solid combinations and consonants, and smaller cubes – with soft consonants.
- Minus of this method, judging by the feedback, is that already at school the child may have difficulties with the parsing of the word composition, as well as some children later simply “swallow” the endings. Plus, the kids learn the alphabet and the syllabus pretty quickly and playfully.
Teaching to read Montessori
The whole process is not quite traditional: first we write and then we learn the letter and then the syllable. The advantage of this method is that everything is represented in the form of a game.
First, the letters are hatched and encircled, and then their pronunciation is learned. Letters are cut out of rough paper. A similar letter can also be drawn, for example, on a manca.
Minus this technique in that you have to prepare a lot of material for learning.
Maybe you'll be wondering How easy it is for a child to learn a multiplication table – Super ways
Dynamic Chaplygin cubes
The set includes 10 cubes and 10 blocks that move. A child's job is to make a pair of vowels and consonants. They're on each side of the cube. Each dynamic block includes a consonant and a vowel.
It is advisable to write simple words first, and then move on to more complex ones. Kids love to play and learn at the same time. And then there's the motor skills involved. The set is accompanied by detailed instructions.
Also popular are “Skladushki” and “Teremki” by V. Voskobovich, as well as Doman's Cards.
Your child does not want to learn to read, and he will soon go to school. How to teach a child to read without discouraging him from learning. Watch the video
Hope that after reading this article, the question of how to teach your child to read the syllables at home will not be confusing to you. And you'll know exactly how to organize your son's or daughter's education. To make it easier for you to make a plan of action, here are a few more recommendations:
- Before you start learning, make sure your child is really ready for it. Don't force, try to teach, especially at the beginning, in a playful way.
- Despite the many techniques, the child needs happy and loving parents first. If you have contact with your child, any way of learning will bring results.
- Begin small, gradually move on to more difficult. If you have started learning, don't be lazy and don't stop, only then can you learn to read. Even if everything goes well, don't forget that your favorite student is just a child and sometimes just wants to play or run.
Luck and patience!
Your Tatiana Kemishis
How to teach a child to read the syllables: basic techniques, methods and rules of teaching
Your crumb grows, and its skills change as it grows up. He already knows the colors, numbers, letters, vocabulary increases every day. But how do you teach him to read? How can you even do that? And at what age is it better to start learning? Now most children can read at five to six years old. Some even manage to do it fast enough. Reading helps children to distinguish themselves in the classroom, because the person who can read is more likely to read the condition of the assignment and be able to start earlier. And children who have just learned letters and syllables are likely to lag behind in class.
Many teachers believe that the sooner a crumb learns letters, the better. Even kids two years old can read. But there's a question of how right it is. Psychologists tend to think that early reading can lead to problems in social development.
Because the baby has been busy reading and writing, rather than learning to communicate with peers. Speech therapists claim that early reading leads to the fact that the baby does not understand the meaning of the read.
He simply connects the letters, and the syllables into words, but can not retell the meaning.
Begin to teach the child to read when the following physiological characteristics have already been formed:
- a kid can speak in sentences, even if they are simple;
- phonemic hearing is sufficiently developed;
- he can clearly hear every sound in a word;
- crumb doesn't need the help of a speech therapist;
- a kid knows the difference between right and left, up and down.
Basically, these signs are already formed by five years. You should observe your child, communicate with him or her, and if it becomes obvious that he or she is ready to make up words from letters or sentences, you can start the process of learning to read.
Popular teaching methods
How do I learn to read in 5 years? Most parents try to teach their child to read in a way they know: first they learn letters, then they learn to put together the letters of the syllable, then the words. But nowadays, other effective methods are also known, and they are increasingly being applied in practice.
Education teacher from Italy proposes to start teaching children to read with writing. According to her observations, children draw letters more easily than read them. Therefore, it is necessary first to shade and encircle the letters, and then to feel the three-dimensional letters with your fingers, thus studying them visually. And then make up the letters of the word, drawing and saying them.
Pedagog Nikolai Zaitsev believes that learning to read at age 6 will be easier with the help of a warehouse.
Warehouse (should not be confused with the syllable) – a pair of letters, consisting of a consonant and a vowel letter, 2 consonants, a consonant letter with a solid or soft sign, as well as one letter.
For training should be used “Zaitsev's cubes”, which differ in size and color. This technique can be used to teach both a first-grader and a one-year-old crumb.
How do you learn to read for 6 years?
The neurophysiologist who conducted the various experiments developed a five-step learning methodology.
- The first thing you see is words, not letters. For this purpose, special cards should be used which show at a distance of thirty-five centimetres, lasting two seconds. At this stage, you need to use fifteen words, gradually increasing the number.
- A second stage, when the baby already knows certain words, you can begin to learn the combinations that link words and sentences.
- Then with the child need to learn simple sentences, at this stage, his vocabulary will be about seventy-five words. Parents continue to work on the cards, but now they should write sentences, not words. At this stage, there is an understanding of the meaning of the words, which is very important for reading.
- The task of the next stage is to accustom the baby to the sentences. The principle of learning is the same as before, just increasing the number of words gradually.
- At the last stage we should move on to working with books and text.
How do I learn to read the syllables? There is another popular method of rapid learning of reading, which was developed by N. Zhukova. The basis of the method is a speech therapy approach to learning. With the help of this training you can prevent the occurrence and development of speech defects.
Learning takes place with the help of an alphabet, where the main character is a funny boy, who helps the kid to master reading quickly enough.
The alphabet starts with syllables, then words appear, and at the end offers whole texts for reading. There is a minimum amount of information in the alphabet that is not needed and that will distract the child from the learning process.
The technique is suitable for children who are five to six years old who are going to go to school.
Each technique has both pros and cons, but it all comes down to the fact that the child should be taught in a playful way. If the learning process is boring and monotonous for the child, then no effective result can be expected.
10 important tips on how to quickly learn to read the syllables
- Give preference to the letter developed by N. Zhukova. Since this book is an effective assistant to your preschooler. With her help, the baby learns how to understand how, of them – words, and then words in sentences. The book isn't rich in a lot of pictures, but it's enough to interest the child.
- What order to learn consonants and vowels. First, learn the open vowels with the child – A, O, U, U, E, Y. Then we study the solid consonants – M and N. It is necessary to watch the correct pronunciation – the child should name a sound, not a letter. The following should be learned deaf and hissing: W, C, and so on.
- By each lesson, be sure to repeat the material. Remember together what sounds were learned in the last lesson. This way you can consolidate the material you've learned and develop the right reading mechanism for your child.
- How can you teach your child to read the syllables? When the little student remembered some of the sounds, we can begin a new stage – learning how to make up syllables from the letters of the syllable. It's not as difficult as it sounds at first. Open the alphabet, show the picture where one letter is in a hurry to another, explain to the child how to say it.
In this form of play, it will be easier for the child to understand that the sounds need to be spoken together, without separating them from each other.
- Then we begin to learn simple syllables. To make the process of teaching a child to read easy, it is better to start with simple syllables that consist of only 2 letters. The child must understand how letters form a syllable.
Because it is essential that the child understands the very mechanism of reading the syllables. Once he understands this, it will not be difficult for him to learn to read more complex syllables, where there are deaf and hissing consonants.
- After successfully passing this stage, start studying more complex syllables. But don't be in a hurry to read the words.
Give the tiny one a chance to understand the syllabus. To complicate the task, read syllables that begin with a vowel letter.
- After you have mastered all the syllables together, start reading simple words. For example: la-ma, ca-ra, we-lo.
- Teach your baby to pronounce the syllables correctly. This will ensure that he will then read well.
Note that some tutors are teaching children to sing syllables. Children quickly get used to singing them in one breath, and do not even make any stops between words. If you decide to teach your child this way, be sure to pay attention to the pauses and punctuation.
- Do not rush to learn, at the age of three or four years old, a crumb is unlikely to be interesting to sit over books, put letters in syllables and learn to read. But at five to six years of age, it is essential to start studying with him so that he can learn to read and write in printed form.
Since the education program assumes that in the first grade, the child is already prepared and reads the syllables. It also plays an important role here and the psychological aspect, so that a child who will easily read in the first grade, will be easier to bear the stress of school.
- To quickly teach your child to read the syllables – carry out tasks in a playful form.
Do not make your child read expressively, let alone fluently. It is more important for the child to be able to put letters in syllables, read them in books, and write words and sentences. Do not be upset if reading is slow or difficult at first. Be patient, calm and discreet and help him to correct his reading errors. Let it be a game where you can relax and not get stressed. It's important for you to make sure your child doesn't get scared and understand what they want from him.
If you follow these rules, your child will quickly learn to read.
We learn to read fluently
If the kid has already learned to read relatively well on sentence syllables, we can gradually move on to fluent reading. Classes should be no more than thirty minutes alone, no more than twice a day, and no more than four lessons.
Lesson 1. Develop the sharpness
To do this, insert a consonant in a row of five vowels. Have the baby try to find an extra letter.
Write words that differ only by one letter (whale cat, etc.). Ask your child to find the difference.
Lesson 2: Gymnastics for Articulation Development
Such exercises will help to make the pronunciation better, breathing will be correct and speech clearer