Dry Coughing Gerbion: instructions for use of the syrup for children and adults, analogues
Dry Coughing Gerbion: learn how to take it
When coughing dry, a suitable product is required to help soften the cough and start sputum withdrawal. One of the syrups based on natural ingredients – Gerbion from dry cough, the instructions for use which should be carefully considered.
The Gerbion cough syrup is made on the basis of plantain extract, helping gently get rid of dry coughs in colds. Substances included in the product, soothe irritated mucous membrane, eliminates inflammation, promotes rapid release of sputum. Thanks to its natural components, the product has few contraindications and can be freely used in children.
As well as plantain extract, the syrup contains water mallower extract, another useful medicinal plant, and vitamin C. In addition to dry cough syrup, there is also a wet cough herbal tea based on other components.
It is important to consult a specialist before starting treatment.
Efficiently effective for acute bronchitis, which is quite common in children. It can also be used in other inflammatory respiratory diseases as part of a comprehensive therapy. In adults, Gerbion can also be used in the treatment of chronic bronchitis caused by smoking or other causes.
The most common way to prescribe Gerbion for dry cough for children is because its effect is milder than many other drugs with a similar effect, it has few contraindications.
Average price of the drug – 200 – 300 rubles, depending on the pharmacy chain, place of residence. The cost may also change over time. In general, Herbion is an affordable cough medicine. Cough medicines are effective only as a part of a complex of different medicines for colds.
How to take it
The drug is taken orally, the dosage depends on the age of the patient. Gerbion is allowed to be taken by children from the age of two years, for babies this drug is usually not recommended. In general, the drug is usually taken as follows:
- Children two to seven years old are prescribed one spoonful (5 ml) three times a day.
- Children seven to fourteen years old are prescribed two spoonfuls (10 ml) three times a day.
- For children over fourteen years of age and adults, two spoons (10 ml) are prescribed three to five times a day depending on the indication.
The drug should be taken with a sufficiently large amount of liquid, water or tea. Usually the treatment lasts two to three weeks, its duration may vary depending on the doctor's recommendation. However, if there is no improvement in cold after a week of use, the treatment regimen should be reviewed, and the medicine may need to be changed.
Before eating or after eating?
In principle, there is no big difference, but it is advisable to take it after eating, so there is a possibility that the drug will stay on the mucous membrane longer. However, it is advisable to drink with water, this condition is included in the official instructions for taking the drug.
It is important! If the cough becomes wet, the drug is recommended to change.
Instruction for use in pregnancy
Pregnant women are not recommended for use with Gerbion, as there is no information about the proper level of safety, the corresponding studies have not been conducted to an adequate extent. However, in rare cases where pregnancy-approved analogues of the drug cannot be used, the drug may be prescribed taking into account the constant supervision of the physician.
In the case of lactations, the use of the Herbion is also not recommended and its safety for the child is not confirmed. Therefore, it is recommended either to choose another drug or to stop breastfeeding for the duration of treatment with this syrup.
Dry cough syrup Gerbion has a number of contraindications that must be verified before starting the drug. The drug should not be used in the following cases:
- allergic reactions, individual intolerance to the drug components;
- diabetes mellitus;
- Individual congenital intolerance to fructose;
- various glucose absorption disorders, congenital sugar deficiency;
- children's age under two years old.
In all other cases, the use of the drug is acceptable. However, in any case, it is recommended to start under the doctor's supervision only.
Gerbion syrup overdose cases have not been identified. Allergic reactions are considered to be side effects, and it is not recommended to continue using the drug at their intensity. It is advisable to consult a specialist at once.
The same should not be taken at the same time as stop coughing and sputum suppressants. In this case, they will suppress the effect of the syrup and interfere with the treatment of colds or bronchitis.
Besides Gerbion, there are several effective remedies for dry coughing with similar effects. Most of them can be taken by children in the treatment of bronchitis and other respiratory diseases:
- Bronchiprette. This drug is effective against most inflammatory bronchial diseases, it helps to quickly cope with dry cough and its consequences in a fairly short course of treatment.
- Mucaltin. This product is extremely useful for dry coughs, it provides rapid expectoration and release of sputum in case of respiratory diseases. It's effective for pneumonia and bronchitis.
- Pectoral. This cough syrup is the most effective for infectious diseases of the respiratory tract, contributes to the rapid release of sputum, helps to quickly pass the stage of dry coughing.
Before taking each of the drugs should read the instructions for use. When using any of the dry cough medicines, the basic treatment should not be forgotten, the syrups are only suitable as a companion therapy.
Dry Cough Gerbion: Reviews from moms
Anne P., 35 years old
The child was diagnosed with bronchitis, which developed from a simple cold. There was a permanent dry cough and the doctor appointed a Herbion based on plantain. After a two-week course of treatment, frequent coughing stopped bothering the child and the child recovered.
Galina R, 38 years old
The youngest daughter of a cold started with a severe dry cough, and in addition to many other medicines the doctor at the clinic prescribed Gerbion, which helps to prevent severe attacks. A week after the start of the session, the daughter stopped coughing a lot and there was no indication of side effects, although the child is allergic.
We would be glad if you leave your feedback on the use of Herbion from dry coughing for your children. How effective was the drug, how quickly did the child get well?
Gerbion for dry cough relief: Overview of instructions, feedback and analogues
The cough is associated with a range of diseases and is a natural response to external stimuli. If the cough does not produce sputum, the patient experiences tension, pain and sleep disturbance.
To ease the condition, take a Gerbion for dry cough, the instructions for use of which explains in detail and clearly the mechanism of action and rules of treatment.
The drug has an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect, liquefies sputum. As a result, the mucous secretion of the mucous membrane from the bronchi begins to develop intensively. The improvement starts after 2-3 days. The cure is contraindicated. They take the drug in strict accordance with the doctor's recommendations.
The medicinal product Herbion is part of the line of drugs that are produced by the company KRKA from Slovenia. Which Gerbion to choose for a dry cough decides the attending physician.
When coughing dry and sputum is poor, use Herbion with plantain. Taking into account the severity of the disease, the use of other drugs, and the individual tolerance of the components.
Gerbion with plantain quickly makes the patient's condition easier. The drug relieves irritation, prevents inflammation, counteracts mucous membrane pathogens.
The drug is released in the form of syrup.
The composition of the syrup
Dry Cough Syrup Gerbion contains a complex of active ingredients.
- Liquid plantain extract stimulates the production of sputum bronchi. Saponins, in its composition, stimulate the work of the bronchial glands. The secretion in the nasal cavity is softening, and its outflow is increasing. Bacteriostatic action is caused by the presence of aucubin. It prevents bacteria from multiplying.
- The antimicrobial and softening effect is provided by the extract of mallow flowers. Exposure to the extract soothes coughs, especially in aggressive environments.
- Ascorbic acid improves immunity, promotes tissue regeneration of mucous membranes. Normalizes the metabolism of the affected organism, improves the patient's health.
The syrup includes orange oil and sucrose, to give a sweet flavor and aroma.
Importantly! The advantage of herbal syrup Gerbion is the local action of the drug. The product does not suppress cough reflexes in the brain.
Gerbion for the relief of dry coughs is used in the treatment of various types of respiratory tract inflammation, the causes of which may be:
- Cold diseases;
- infectious processes in bronchi;
- frequent tobacco-induced coughing episodes;
- polluting coughs.
Gerbion is used for coughing without sputum and with severe pain. To confirm the diagnosis, it is better to consult a specialist before taking the product.
Instruction for use
Gerbion is a sweet syrup that is taken orally. The glass bottle with the medicine is equipped with a cap with a dispenser. A measuring spoon is included with the set, the volume of which is designed for a single dose of syrup.
How do I take it?
For ease of dosing, use a dispenser cap and a measuring container to measure the medicine. For better digestibility, the syrup is drunk with water or tea. The reception time is not related to the power condition. Take the syrup both before and after meals.
There are the following gradations:
- children over 14 and adults. The dose is 2 spoons, 3-5 times a day;
- children from 7 to 14 years old. Assigned 1 or 2 lodges. 3 times a day;
- children from 2 to 7 years old. 1 lie is assigned. 3 times a day.
Total duration of treatment is 2-3 weeks of daily administration. If the symptoms persist, it is possible to prescribe a new course after consultation with a specialist.
When using the tool, you should pay attention to the following storage recommendations:
- keep out of reach of children;
- keep at room temperature, the refrigerator is not suitable for this purpose;
- in case of formation of sludge on the bottom of the bottle, before use it should be shaken;
- not to use at the end of the shelf life, which is 3 years and is always indicated on the package.
Nelzia uses the Gerbion for dry coughing in combination with coughing agents.
Essential! Gerbion does not affect reaction and perception, so it is allowed to take it while driving a vehicle and control complex mechanisms.
The drug is popular with doctors and patients. That's why there are a lot of reviews about him, too. Herbion from dry cough has undeniable advantages, patients characterize the drug as follows:
- Pleasant herbal taste, sweet, but not too sugary. Children take with pleasure.
- The presence of a measuring spoon in the set.
- Actively, during the first week there is a pronounced expectorant effect. The second week of coughing is over.
- No alcohol, easy to give to children.
Release without prescription. When symptoms are familiar, it is possible to start treatment immediately, without waiting for a doctor to see you.
The following factors are considered to be the disadvantages of the drug:
- The drug causes an excessively high expectorant effect in patients with bronchitis. This increases the intensity of coughing, up to and including vomiting, and disrupts sleep.
- The use of Herbion can cause severe dryness in the mouth. You have to drink plenty of liquid to eliminate the discomfort.
- The cost per package is high enough. There's enough syrup in the bottle to last a week. The course lasts about three weeks. We have to buy a triple portion at once or buy as needed.
This is said to be the case with the Gerbion from dry coughing, users evaluate it positively and note that it is a good fighter against dry coughing, but has a cost above the average price segment.
When choosing a dry cough medicine, it is not necessary to choose a medicine with a complex action. Patients use not only Herbion for the treatment of this disease for dry cough. Analogues can be found cheaper in the form of plant gatherings.
- Ledum's grass has an expectorant, antiseptic and soothing effect. Used in the form of infusion or ointment with essential oil.
- Like licorice root in the form of syrup is used to stimulate the secretory function of the respiratory tract mucosa. Therefore, the product is suitable for better spitting out secrets when coughing dry. It is much cheaper than Gerbion.
- The altar root can facilitate sputum withdrawal and reduce the intensity of inflammation. In the category of dry cough it is taken with caution, due to side effects.
- Anis oil facilitates the condition of a dry cough, eliminates stagnant cough. Soothes the nasopharynx and improves spitting.
Treatment can have serious consequences for the patient. Often the desire to save money or to choose a folk drug with unknown side effects leads to unpleasant consequences and expensive rehabilitation.
Productive information about the treatment of dry coughs can be found in the following video:
Gerbion syrup is suitable as a supplement to the main course of treatment for upper respiratory tract infections and diseases. Complex effects contribute to a rapid recovery.
- The product contains plant components that do not cause side effects on health.
- Spiritality begins to develop more actively, the pain of coughing disappears.
- Gerbion has a pleasant taste, is versatile, over-the-counter, suitable even for the treatment of babies.
Treatment results become apparent only 2-4 days after the first dose.
Herbion plantain syrup – instructions for use, cheap analogues
Acute respiratory infections, bronchitis, pneumonia are those diseases that are accompanied by inflammation of the respiratory system. A characteristic feature of such diseases is a dry or wet cough, the occurrence of which significantly impairs the patient's health.
To cope with the symptoms of the underlying disease, will help a comprehensive approach to treatment, which will necessarily include the use of expectorant, cough medicine.
Among the wide range of cough medicines, many prefer herbal-based products that are not only safe, but also effective.
Syrop Gerbion with plantain is one of the most common drugs used to treat diseases of the upper and lower respiratory system, which are accompanied by a dry (unproductive) cough with hard-to-remove sputum.
Herbion cough syrup has no structural analogues, but if for any reason it is impossible to take the drug, it can be replaced by other drugs that will have the same therapeutic effect.
Are issued by analogues of domestic and foreign manufacturers, have different structure, cost.
analogues of Gerbion will render expected result, therefore at their application it is important to study the instruction, to consult with the expert.
Brief description of the drug
Gerbion of plantain syrup – a natural remedy based on plant components, the use of which allows you to cope with dry unproductive cough.
The drug is produced by the pharmaceutical company “Vidal” (Slovenia).
Manufacturer provides a series of Herbion products for coughing and other respiratory diseases.
Dry cough therapy may consist of taking Gerbinon with plantain, and for wet cough treatment – Gerbion first color. Oba drugs have completely different composition, mechanism of action, cost.
Reviews about Herbion with plantain and primrose – very positive, many note the fact that their use allowed to eliminate coughing, cleanse the lungs and bronchi from the accumulated sputum, improve breathing, eliminate the risk of complications.
Herbion plantain syrup – the instructions for use contains all the necessary information about the drug, which allows you to make the right choice or search for analogues.
Form of production and composition
Dry cough syrup – Gerbion is produced in the form of an oral liquid solution. The solution is poured into bottles of dark glass with the volume of 150 ml.
Together with the bottle, a measuring spoon is attached, the instruction.
In the composition of the preparation the active component is the water extract of plantain grass, mallow flower extract and ascorbic acid, as well as auxiliary components.
Principle of action
Gerbion plantain is a complex herbal antibacterial and immune-stimulating cough medicine.
Mechanism of action of the drug is due to its natural composition, which is based on aquatic extracts of plantain and mallow, also contains ascorbic acid.
The active ingredients of the preparation contain various iridium glycosides (aucoubine), saponins, polysaccharides, and organic acids, which have the ability to liquefy the mucus in the respiratory system, eliminate inflammation, accelerate the release of sputum from the bronchi.
Polysaccharides in the syrup normalize phagocytosis, which is important in the treatment of respiratory diseases.
Organic acids contained in plant extracts have a pronounced antihypoxic effect, increase oxygen access to the tissues of internal organs and systems.
Glycosides suppress cough reflex, reduce mucous irritation, reduce their irritation, reduce inflammation.
Malva extract reduces cough reflex, forms a protective film on the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, allows you to relieve inflammation, irritation, ease breathing, exhausting and annoying cough.
Vitamin C has a pronounced antioxidant effect, increases the body's defenses, accelerates the recovery period. Strengthens the walls of blood vessels, reduces the overall intoxication of the body.
Thanks to the unique properties of the drug, its use in the therapy of dry coughing allows you to liquefy mucus, relieve inflammation, improve local immunity. Gerbion dry cough syrup, composition, allows to gently influence respiratory organs, to stop dry cough attacks, to eliminate irritation and inflammation in bronchi and lungs.
Prescriptions for use
Gerbion based on plantain extract is widely used in the treatment of respiratory diseases of infectious or non-infectious origin. The drug is often used to treat the following conditions:
- Acute or chronic bronchitis.
- Pneumonia of different etiologies.
- Obstructive bronchitis.
- Smoker's cough.
The drug can also be used for other respiratory diseases. He's good with agonizing, prolonged, seizure-like cough with a hard to separate sputum. Primary color syrup or plantain cough syrup for children and adults from the Herbion series do not contain ethanol, do not cause addiction or toxic effects on the body.
How can I take a Herbion?
Gerbion application instructions suggests familiarizing yourself with the permissible doses of the drug, which will help to eliminate the symptoms of dry, painful coughing.
Primary-color syrup or plantain syrup can be used in pediatrics for children from 2 years old, as well as in combination with other drugs, including antibiotics, antihistamines, anti-cold drugs and others.
One measuring spoon of the syrup is equal to 5 ml of the drug. You can take the drug in the following doses:
- Adults and children over 14 years of age take 10 ml each.
- Children aged 7 to 14 years – 5 – 10 ml.
- Ot 2 years old take 5 ml.
Therapeutic course is 7 – 20 days. You need to take the medicine three to four times a day. If necessary, a dry cough from taking the drug has turned into a wet one, and the treatment can be continued with
, a first-color gerbion syrup, which is intended for the treatment of wet coughs.
General treatment with the Gerbion series can take up to 3 weeks.
Contraindications and side-effects
Notwithstanding the natural composition of the drug, it has some contraindications:
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Individual intolerance to the composition.
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer.
- For children under 2 years of age.
- Pregnancy of the 1st trimester.
You will be interested in the article – Gerbion for wet coughs, instructions for use for children and adults.
Syrope Wet or dry cough syrup can in some cases cause allergic side effects.
Feedback from people who have treated dry or wet cough with Gerbion assures that the drug is tolerated well, does not cause side effects.
In addition to allergies, the drug may cause digestive disorders: nausea, diarrhea, but the risk of these symptoms increases if the recommended doses are not followed. Primordial Color Syrup has the same contraindications and side effects.
Gerbion syrup is not a budget medicine. It can be classified as an average cost of medication. Thus, in pharmacies, a bottle of Gerbion from dry cough costs from 260 to 300 rubles for a bottle of 150 ml.
Price of Gerbion from wet cough, about 250 – 290 rubles. Prices can vary a bit because it all depends on the pharmacy chain, the city.
Given the small difference in price, which is for many quite high, many are looking for cheaper analogues with good therapeutic effect.
Gerbion plantain and primrose – what is the difference?
The difference between Gerbion plantain and primrose is quite noticeable. Firstly, both drugs have different active ingredients, which allows them to be used in dry and wet coughing.
The similarity between the drugs consists of their use by children from 2 years of age, the possibility to use them with other drugs.
Prices for syrups almost the same, the difference between them is several rubles.
Herbion plantain syrup – available analogues
Gerbion has no structural analogues in composition, but the drug can be replaced with therapeutic agents. It is important to understand that similar products have other plant substances in their composition, so whether they can have the same effect depends not only on the nature of the cough, but also the characteristics of the human body.
The pharmaceutical industry offers a huge range of products to replace the first-color syrup or plantain Gerbion, but when buying them, you need to pay attention to the following facts:
- The composition of the drug.
- Permissible doses.
- Restricted age and its administration during pregnancy.
- Period of administration.
- History of contraindications and side effects.
- Interaction with other drugs.
Before taking any analogue, it is important to consult a physician, as well as review reviews and annotations. After getting acquainted with any medicine from analogues, a person can make a choice.
Linkas or Gerbion (plantain) – what are the differences?
Syrop Linkas – cough medicine and the first signs of a cold. The composition contains several medicinal herbs, which have a certain effect on the human body