Furagin: instructions for use in children and adults, tablet composition, analogues
Furagin: instructions for use
Treatment by yourself can be harmful to your health.
Please consult your doctor and read the instructions before using.
Active substance: Furaginum.
Each tablet contains 50 mg of furagin.
Auxiliaries: potato starch, lactose, sugar, polysorbate 80 (twin-80), stearic acid.
Furagin is an antibacterial agent, effective against Gram-positive (Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus faecalis) and Gram-negative (Enterobacteriaceae – Salmonella, Shygella, Proteus, Klebsiella, Escherichia, Enterobacter, etc.).
) bacteria. The drug acts on staphylococcus and other pathogenic strains of microorganisms that are resistant to sulfonamides and antibiotics. Resistance of microorganisms to furagin develops slowly and does not reach a high degree. Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Furagin is well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Bacteriostatic concentration of furagin in blood plasma remains for 8-12 hours. It is excreted through the kidneys, mainly by channel secretion.
8-13% of furagin enters the urine, where its concentration is several times higher than the minimum inhibitory concentration for most sensitive microorganisms. The action is most pronounced in an acidic environment.
Means that neutralize urine, reduce the effectiveness of the drug.
Nitrofurans penetrate through the placental barrier, but their concentration in the blood of the fetus is many times lower than in the blood of the mother.
Acute and chronic urinary tract infections: pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, postoperative urogenital infections.
– hypersensitivity to furagin, nitrofuran derivatives or drug additives
– severe renal failure (renal clearance less than 30 ml/min)
– polyneuropathy (including diabetic)
– glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (risk of hemolysis).
– porphyria (diseases caused by the metabolism disorders of hemoglobin decomposition products)
– pregnancy and during the breastfeeding period for children under 6 years of age (for this drug form)
Method of administration and dosage
Furagin is taken orally after meals, drinking plenty of water.
Adults: 100-200 mg (2-4 tablets) 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment is 7-10 days and depends on the severity of the disease, the effectiveness of treatment, as well as the functional state of the kidneys. If necessary, the course of treatment is repeated after 10-15 days. The maximum daily dose is 600 mg. For prevention of chronic urinary tract diseases – 50 mg per day.
For children over 6 years of age: in case of acute infection at the rate of 5-8 mg/kg body weight per day, dividing the daily dose into 3-4 single doses for 7-8 days. If prolonged treatment is needed, the dose is reduced to 1-2 mg/kg body weight per day.
If you forget to take another dose of the drug, take the drug as soon as you think about it, but skip it if you're about to start voyeuristically taking the leftover dose.
Never take a double dose of the missed dose.
Usually the drug is tolerated well, but side effects are possible.
Proportion of adverse drug reactions is a percentage ratio of the number of patients who had a side effect at a given time when the drug was administered to the total number of patients who had used the drug at a given time.
Side reactions are indicated according to the system classes of organs, in descending order of frequency. Criteria for the frequency of adverse reactions: more than 10% – very frequent; 1-10 % – frequent; 0.1 – 1% – infrequent; 0.01 – 0.1 % – rare; less than 0.01 % – very rare.
– Blood and lymphatic system disorders: very rare – hematopoietic disorders (agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, aplastic anemia).
– Nervous system disorders: infrequent – dizziness, drowsiness, visual impairment; rare – peripheral neuropathy; very rare – mild intraarranial hypertension.
– Respiratory, chest and mediastinal disorders: rare – acute and chronic pulmonary reactions. The acute pulmonary reaction is developing rapidly. It is manifested by severe shortness of breath, fever, chest pain, cough with or without sputum, eosinophilia (increased number of eosinophilic granulocytes in the blood).
There are reports of concomitant acute pulmonary depressions of skin, itching, urticaria, myalgia (muscle pain), angioedema (swelling of the face, neck, mouth and larynx). The acute pulmonary reaction is based on a hypersensitivity reaction, which can develop in a few hours, less frequently in minutes.
The acute pulmonary reaction is reversible and disappears when the drug is discontinued. Chronic pulmonary response may occur long after nitrofuran treatment is discontinued (including furagine).
Specific gradual increase in dyspnea, rapid breathing, unstable fever, eosinophilia, progressive coughing and interstitial pneumonitis and/or pulmonary fibrosis.
– Gastrointestinal disorders: infrequent – decreased appetite, nausea, rare – vomiting, diarrhea, very rare – pancreatitis (pancreatic inflammation).
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: rare – papular rash, itching, transient hair loss; very rare – angioedema, urticaria, dermatitis, Erythema multiforme.
– Violations of skeletal-muscular and connective tissue: very rare – arthralgia (joint pain).
– General disorders: rare – weakness, increased body temperature.
– Violations of the liver and biliary tract: very rare – cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis.
Furagin stains the urine brown.
Side effects are reduced if the drug is taken after a meal with a large amount of liquid.
If there are side effects, especially not mentioned in the instructions for use, it is necessary to inform the attending physician.
Inform your doctor about the use of other medicines.
– Slowing down the removal of urine fugin increases the risk of drug toxicity:
– Probenecid and sulfinpirazone
– Urine acidifying drugs (acids, including ascorbic acid, and calcium chloride)
– Acceleration of urinary excretion of furagin:
– urine leaching drugs (antacids containing calcium or magnesium, carboanhydrase inhibitors, citrates, sodium bicarbonate, etc.))
– Simultaneous use of furagin and antacids (containing magnesium tricyclite) reduces the absorption of the drug and reduces its therapeutic effect
– Avoid concomitant use of furagin with quinolones (nalidixic acid, oxolinic acid, norfloxacin) due to antagonism.
– It is not recommended to use furagin together with chloramphenicol and ristomycin, as the risk of depression of hematopoiesis increases.
– In case of renal failure, aminoglycosides and furagin are not recommended to be used simultaneously.
– When used in combination with MAO inhibitors, food products containing thyramine (beer, wine, cheese, beans, smoked meat), there is a risk of hypertension.
– Long-term use of furragine inhibits the natural synthesis of B vitamins and folic acid in the body.
Impact on the ability to drive and maintain mechanisms
The device does not affect the ability to drive vehicles and maintain mechanisms.
Caution should be taken in the following cases:
– against the background of prolonged use of the drug, impaired kidney function, diabetes mellitus, anemia, deficiency of B vitamins and folic acid may cause symptoms of polyneuropathy.
– long-term use of fugin increases the risk of drug-associated lung damage (toxic alveolitis, eosinophilic pneumonitis, pleural effusion).
– during prolonged ingestion of fugin, it is necessary to periodically monitor the number of leukocytes in the blood, as well as the functional characteristics of the liver and kidneys, especially in patients over 65 years of age.
– dyspepsia caused by suppression of normal colon microflora by the drug may develop with the use of furagin, the drug should be discontinued.
– nitrofuran (including, but not limited to Furagine) adversely affects testicular function by reducing sperm count, sperm motility and pathological changes in sperm morphology.
– A laboratory study of patients taking furagine may give a false positive reaction to the presence of glucose in the urine if the method of copper recovery is used to determine. No effect on the enzymatically produced results of urinary glucose determination is caused by furragine.
– Alcohol should not be consumed during treatment as alcohol can cause a disulphiramic reaction (increased heartbeat, heart pain, headache, nausea, vomiting, cramps, low blood pressure, fever and fear).
The drug contains lactose and sucrose, so patients with rare hereditary forms of intolerance to galactose, fructose, barr/lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sugar-isomaltase insufficiency should consult a physician before an example!
10 tablets in a blister, 3 blisters (30 tablets) and instructions for use in a consumer pack.
Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25° C.
Store out of reach of children.
Defined on the package. Do not use the drug after the expiration date.
Furagin analogues, synonyms and group preparations
Treatment can be harmful to your health.
You should consult your doctor and read the instructions before using.
Furagin: substitutes, list
Furagin: analogues and substitutes. The pharmacological market offers a large number of products recommended for the treatment of inflammatory and infectious diseases of the genitourinary sector. Among them, there are drugs with similar pharmacological properties.
They cannot completely replace each other, but in situations where there are contraindications to the use of the prescribed drug, you can use an analogue instead, which is not inferior in its effectiveness. One of the most popular remedies for treating cystitis is Furagin, which is replaced with medications with the same effect if necessary.
One of the most popular remedies for treating cystitis is Furagin Download…
Therapeutic effect of “Furagina”
The drug is part of the group of nitrofurans. The active substance in its composition is furasidine, which is highly effective against many types of pathogens.
Destructing the cytoplasmic membrane, preventing the synthesis of acids of pathogenic bacteria, it suppresses the cycle of their life activity, reduces activity, which leads to weakening of symptoms of the disease and improving the general condition of the patient.
The indication for Furagine's prescription is acute and chronic urinary inflammation.
The medicine is used in surgery to prevent infection.
Furagine has a number of contraindications:
- Allergic reaction.
- Kidney infection.
- Late pregnancy.
- Age of the newborn child less than a week.
- Chronic hepatitis.
- Cirrhosis of the liver.
- Heart or kidney failure.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Cystitis (acute and chronic), urethritis, pyelonephritis and other inflammatory processes of the urinary tract.
- Infected wounds and burns.
- Pneumonia, bronchitis.
- General infectious diseases.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- High sensitivity to nitrofuran drugs.
- Dermatitis allergic.
- titanium dioxide;
- blue stick;
- complications of an infectious nature after urinary tract surgery.
- Treatment of cystitis is usually carried out according to a standard regimen – 50-100 mg of the product (one or two pills) three times a day. Take Furagin after a meal, drinking enough liquid. The maximum duration of a continuous course may not exceed 14 days. If it is necessary to continue the therapy, a break in reception for a period of not less than 10 days is appointed.
- For local use a solution is prepared on the basis of powder form of the drug. For this purpose, 50 mg or 1 g of the preparation is dissolved in 100 ml of warm clean water, obtaining a semi-percent or one percent solution.
- For the treatment of burn and purulent wounds, a 9 percent sodium chloride solution is added to the suspension (see photo below).
Caution should be taken when using people with diabetes mellitus. In case of prolonged use of Furagina, it is necessary to carefully monitor the liver and kidney function. Overdose should be avoided. In case of anemia, allergies, infusion therapy with preliminary gastric lavage is required.
Today there is a wide range of products containing the same active ingredient in different concentrations, with the addition of auxiliary components. They may vary slightly in effectiveness and have different contraindications.
When treating inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract, you should not make your own choice in favor of an analogue without consulting your doctor. Without determining the type of pathogen, it is impossible to select a drug that will be effective against them.
Among the analogues of Furagina is worth noting the following: Furadonin, Furamag, Furasol, Furacilin. All of them have similar composition and are close in their effect on pathogenic microflora.
One of the most popular, replacing Furadonin analogues. It is active against many pathogens, especially the most frequent representative of the causative agents of cystitis – Escherichia coli.
It is prescribed in acute and chronic form of bladder inflammation, pyelonephritis, urethritis, pyelitis and other urinary tract infections.
The effectiveness of the drug is determined by its ability to prevent the synthesis of proteins in the pathogenic cell.
Pharmacy regimen is prescribed by a doctor. The pill should be taken with plenty of water. The course lasts on the average from 7 to 10 days.
First month of life.
Predose can cause side effects: vomiting, dizziness, coughing, drowsiness, allergic reaction, neuropathy, hepatitis, enterocolitis.
Widely used analogue of Furagin uroantiseptic action from nitrofurin group. Has high antimicrobial activity combined with low toxicity. Available as capsules and powder.
Furamag is intended to prevent the development of infectious processes
Furamag is able to delay the development of Gram-positive, Gram-negative bacteria.
Compared to other drugs in this group, it has the greatest activity against staphylococcus.
Promotes immunity, increases leukocyte formation, reduces the synthesis of toxins by pathogenic microorganisms, resulting in improvement of the patient's condition before their complete elimination.
The indications for Furamaga prescription are:
Furamag to prevent infection with the catheter. The tablets should be taken before eating, with plenty of water to drink. The course lasts a week.
The active ingredient is quickly absorbed through the small intestine into the bloodstream. After only 3 hours, a high concentration of furasidine is detected in the urine, having a targeted effect on the pathogen.
Efficiently disinfects the urinary tract without damaging the bladder microflora.
Prolonged use of Furamaga may result in headaches, allergic reactions, nausea.
Furagin's tax, often prescribed in a comprehensive cystitis and other inflammatory treatment regimen. Produced in tablets and in the form of a powder designed to induce a solution.
As an active ingredient, furagin is used, which has an effective effect on many types of pathogenic bacteria, including strains that are resistant to other antibacterial agents.
It has a destructive effect on the membrane and cytoplasmic membrane of the pathogenic cell, suppressing the activity of the respiratory chain and inhibiting other biochemical processes. Unlike antibiotics, sulfonamides, resistance to pathogens is very slow to develop when taking Furasol.
Applied as a supplement to the treatment of inflammatory processes in the mouth, urinary system, for the treatment of infected wounds, conjunctivitis, rinsing at peritonitis.
The solution is obtained by diluting the contents of the sachet in hot water (1 cup), it is prepared immediately before use.
Children's age less than 4 years.
Preventing side effects through the use of B vitamins, antihistamines, and abundant drinking.
The treatment of bacterial cystitis in the general scheme uses local antiseptic drugs. They are used for sprinkling, washing, and treatment of affected organs. These drugs include Furacilin, which has a high bactericidal activity. It has an effective effect similar to ethyl alcohol without irritating the mucous membrane.
Furacyclone destroys the processes taking place inside the pathogenic cell, prevents the growth of streptococcus, staphylococcus, Escherichia coli and other pathogens.
The drug restores urodynamics, eliminates the source of infection. This explains its high efficacy in the fight against cystitis and other diseases of the genitourinary organs.
It is appointed only after certain examinations to determine the sensitivity of microflora to antibacterial agents. A solution for washing with bladder cystitis is prepared immediately before use – a tablet of Furacylin is diluted in a liter of warm water.
The use of the drug is contraindicated to people sensitive to its components. When treating cystitis in its neglected form, antihistamines are additionally prescribed. At the end of the course with the use of any nitrofuran it is necessary to conduct bacteriological examination of urine.
The drug has a bactericidal effect against most Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. The active component is phosphomycin, which is able to inhibit the synthesis of membrane walls of pathogenic microorganisms, while reducing the adhesive properties of the latter in relation to the mucous membrane of the urinary system.
Monural is the best way to load…
Rapidly absorbed from the intestines, the active substance is observed in plasma after 3 hours. It is mainly excreted through the kidneys, a small part is excreted with faeces. Monural is prescribed for acute attacks of cystitis, bacterial urethritis, infections occurring in the postoperative period.
The drug is diluted in warm water (1 bag per third of a cup) and taken once before bedtime.
Most practitioners agree that there is no significant difference in the effects on the body of Furigin analogues.
The main function is to suppress the growth of bacteria, resulting in a decrease in their numbers in the pathogenic colony. Any of these medications are prescribed only after the necessary tests.
Self-treatment poses a serious threat to complications requiring long-term and complex therapy.
Furagin – instructions for use for a child or adult, mechanism of action, contraindications, and price
Treatment of acute and chronic infections of the urogenital system is carried out with the use of the drug Furagin – the instructions for use contain all the necessary information about the mechanism of its action and dosage for adult patients. Can be used locally as an antibacterial disinfecting agent for the treatment of burns or purulent wounds.
Antibacterial preparation Furagin belongs to the line of synthetic antimicrobial agents.
Mechanism of action of the main active substance is based on suppression of the processes of reproduction of gram-negative bacteria, suppression of their vital functions.
This bacteriostatic effect makes it possible to relieve the patient's condition (up to the complete death of the microorganisms that caused the inflammation).
The active active ingredient of Furagin – furasidine – is a derivative of nitrofuran. The product is available in three main forms – tablets, capsules and powder. The capsule form of the release contains 25 mg of the main substance and the following auxiliary substances:
Furagin capsules are called Furagin-Actifur and are packed in sealed blisters of 10 pieces; one box can contain from 30 to 150 capsules and instructions for use of the drug.
Furagin, produced in powder form, has another name -Furasol. It is packed in bags on 1 gr, the maintenance of furazidin in each bag makes 100 mg. Sodium chloride is an auxiliary substance.
The composition of the tablet form is shown in the table below:
|Lactose monohydrate||36 mg|
|Cardboard starch||7 mg|
|Sodium crosscarmellose||2 mg|
|Magnesium Stearate||1 mg|
How the antimicrobial agent used for the treatment and prevention of infections works, Furagin – the instructions for use describe in detail its basic pharmacological properties.
The main active ingredient – furasidine – is active against Gram-negative microorganisms (staphylococcus and streptococcus) and Gram-positive microorganisms – salmonella, shigella, E. coli.
Therapy with the drug is not effective for the following pathogens:
Absorption of the active substance takes place in the small intestine by passive absorption. Thus furasidine enters the lymph, preventing the spread of infection through the lymphatic system.
Metabolized by the liver 4-8 hours after assimilation and excreted with urine.
According to the instructions for use, the main action is achieved through the high bacteriostatic concentration of furasidine in the urine, so it is actively used in urology.
According to the instructions for use, Furagin is not a systemic antibiotic. It has an antibacterial effect on the urinary system – bladder, kidneys, urethra.
Particularly high concentration of furagin in the urine makes it an effective tool to combat urinary tract infections.
Is a local antibacterial agent (helps with purulent wounds and various gynecological infections), not an antibiotic.
The main indications for Furagin's administration, according to the instructions, are acute and chronic recurrent urinary tract infections whose pathogens are sensitive to the active ingredient of the drug. These include:
Possible local use as a solution for burns and purulent wounds, the treatment of keratitis, conjunctivitis, vulvovaginitis. As a prophylactic antiseptic agent, Furadin solution is used during diagnostic and surgical interventions in urology, for rinsing peritonitis and pleura empyema.
According to the instructions for use, the regimen and duration of the drug therapy are determined by the attending physician according to the diagnosis and severity of the patient:
In the instructions for use it is recommended to take the drug with caution in case of nervous system diseases, dysfunctions and other kidney and liver diseases